Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter / White's Coin master GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of ms u using

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you handle a situation where you're hunting an area that has so much trash you literally can't find a clean spot to ground balance? Other than finding a new location to hunt. Thanks for any advice.
Popular saying: Dig it all! Many have thought junk and found a treasure. A Spokes person for Whites GMT Goldmaster was checking a gold tailing pile and found a signal and dug around and found a nugget then nearby he found a small signal and thought it was probably junk and when he dig thru the pile of rocks found the signal stronger he just found a mud/clay covered rock, he cleaned it and it was quartz! he cleaned it better and found it was infused with gold running thru it... It had over 2 OZ Gold! (So Dig it all!)
Like my X wife from Arkansas said when she found Metal detecting was Difficult:"Dang that's hard!" lol
You got to stick with it my friend.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use a large tree or cactus trunk to initially balance, then dig a few targets out of the way and do the actual ground. I had this problem once in what turned out to be a dump site from the 1930s.

OP
OP
joe_dirt

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Use a large tree or cactus trunk to initially balance, then dig a few targets out of the way and do the actual ground. I had this problem once in what turned out to be a dump site from the 1930s.

Interesting, I've never heard of this. Almost sounds like one of those pranks you'd play on the new guy. But hey, I'll give it a shot. I'll just make sure nobody is watching just in case. ;-) Thanks for the replies.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just keep walking until I find relatively clean ground to get the machine balanced, then return to the nasty ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread