Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wanted to start this thread because people have asked me what programs I use, how do I find my maps, etc...
So I use Google Earth. It has its pros and cons, but its free and relatively easy to use. Some people though have no idea where to even starts, so I made a youtube video of how to do it.
It is long, but I tried to be as thorough as possible. If you just want to know where I get my info and how to do an overlay then just stop once I do the county outline and the township outline. There are little tips and tricks throughout the entire video, but its important to atleast watch it to the part where I lay a township overlay over the county outline and see how I find the correct area.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments, etc...

Update: I got a couple PMs on here an another site asking me to just do a basic tutorial overlay and how I would do the overlay if I only had one section of map. So I did that. Its just under 5 min instead of 21 :D
If you want the full tutorial click the 2nd link or the smaller 5 min video click the first link.
5 Min
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z-pX9jeSd8&feature=youtu.be

Full Tutorial

Finding old homes using Google Earth overlays - YouTube

Thanks
Trevor

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
W

WIDirtFishing