Foiled by snow

OP
OP
F

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been out several times over the last week searching up to the edge of snow banks, I was hoping for the rest of it to melt. As of today we have 11 inches of new snow ans 5 more expected. This should be melted by Wednesday mid day though and the moisture has really helped clean up those old deep signals, 2 silver dimes in 2 days and a 1908 IH so far in old pounded ground. Bring on the sunshine :o)

OP
OP
F

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update; it was announced on the local news this morning that in april we have received 39.5 inches of snow and set an all time record here. Its supposed to be 70 tomorrow, the ground hog definitely lied to us this time around. Last time I was out I was still hitting dry dirt at around 8 inches in places, hopefully it will soak a bit deeper and clean up the hits on those deeper targets.

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had over 40 inches over the past 3 weeks down here in town. Almost 100 inches on the mountain. Another 8 inches and 9 degrees yesterday morning.

Like you, supposed to be 70 by the weekend.

Let the flood season begin.

WM

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather forecast calls for temps in the 70s here this weekend. Haven't seen that since October. But I still have maybe six inches of snow cover in my back yard and a whole lot of standing water as it melts. Wish I could have gotten a picture, but yesterday I have a big robin taking a vigorous splashing bath in one of the deep puddles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread