63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally stopped messing with the computer this evening long enough to go out for my first short hunt "in the city" in about 6 years. The XLT worked just fine, the new 4 x 6 DD Snooper Coil also worked just fine as did the wireless earphones and the brass probe worked about as good as ever but indicated I need to carefully start cutting plugs East Bay clay is tough stuff especially with lots of tree roots.

Probing for a target is an art form I historically did well with but that was in softer dirt. This evening was not a total loss as I did pinpoint, probe and find what is likely a key to one of the apartments in the unit I live in, or used to be more than likely. So in short the XLT and I can still work together.

198_9869.JPG On the very left of the picture is the 4 x 6 DD coil with this evenings key target laying across the attachment ears. Then come the TDK wireless earphones and sending unit, my brass probe, a container of double sided velcro for keeping the cable controlled on the shaft (bought it at Home Depot) and in the background the control box for the Spectrum XLT. An OK beginning as a test of the entire package.....................63bkpkr

Upvote 0

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you exercised your MD.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good machine. I started in 2007 with one but it was a bit too heavy for me and I eventually sold it. But it could really find deep targets and brought me my first two gold rings. Glad you are enjoying yours.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread