AT haters.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one of the first AT Pro's and it wouldn't stop beeping even out in the boonies. They exchanged it for a newer one and it worked for awhile before it when crazy the same way. Then Doctor Detroit, a friend bought me a newer one. This one works like it should and I am looking forward to playing with it. Trouble is I mainly water hunt and I have detectors that I trust lots more as they have paid for themselves way over cost with out the funny noises.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have had an experience with a guy who detects the same local park I do. He runs an E-trac and has for several years, very fine machine, I have pulled two wheat's and one Merc from the very ground he just hunted all at 5" to 7". Not bashin Just sayin. If it ain't under the coil nobodies gonna find it. I'll hunt right next to the best and be happy with my finds.

ihatedirtbikes

Feb 22, 2012
virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Nautilus DMCII-Ba
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my at pro works fine in the northern va soil. the only thing i dont like about it is the tiny targets it hits on. everyone around here seems to use a whites or a nautilus but my garrett competes pretty well. especially in the trash. no offense to the nautilus(i alternate with the 2ba), but i had a buddy dig half a hole and give up because he thought it was iron. i swung my coil over it and was getting a consistent 75 on the vdi. i finished up the hole and out popped a colonial rosette. the at pro is a good machine. i just wish it had more aftermarket options that were viable.

Doc-USN(Ret)

Feb 24, 2013
Lexington, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ihatedirtbikes, How does one dig "a half a hole"? ROTFL, just kidding, I know what you were saying. I just couldn't resist.

Doc

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I just picked the AT Pro for some trashy areas I want to try and search - Paid $600 so far works good but not in salt water - I wanted another water proof machine for general purposes.
I have found a few pennies and dimes well in the 14" range and the pin pointer is damn accurate - At this point I would say it's worth the price and I can set it to coin mode and hand it to my spouse when she wants to tag along ( She can barely work the garage door opener) I only use the custom pro mode myself. I am water hunter so I normally use my Mark II but I wanted relic hunter too. I'll use it for a few more weeks and give my opinion again, hopefully I'm still happy. Garrett doesn't give me any freebies so my opinion can be trusted for what it's worth LOL. I find most negative feed back is pilot error unless the machine is just broken! I can even take my Mothers $100 radio shack special and find treasure/junk. You can't compare $100 to $600 to $1800 dollar machines.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard insults and I don't believe any of them. I highly suspect these are coordinated by competitors. There is a group on the LRL forum (yes, they work for MD companies) that has been doing this for years and years. It's dirty and unethical, but these forums are controlled and censored by this bunch. It's greed motivated. With ANY machine, when you start blaming the equipment it really makes you look foolish, like you aren't intelligent enough to learn the machine. And I won't argue with that.

What I say is be thankful for what you have and always say "Something good is going to happen today."

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard insults and I don't believe any of them. I highly suspect these are coordinated by competitors.
What I say is be thankful for what you have and always say "Something good is going to happen today."

This could be true or.......could be just stupid people.

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thats what us garrett users do ...we go in and clear the way for the real metal detectors theres no bottle cap too big or small it sniffs out them all lol

You seem to have a bottle cap fetish lol, did you actually clean those up as well? Thats hilarious! I leave them in the ground to stump the next guy, im after coins, I didn't manage any caps today but did manage a nice find that some of us have become accustomed to(pic) not near as much clad today but happy nonetheless, turned out to be a 42 merc.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130421_123721.png
    ForumRunner_20130421_123721.png
    148.6 KB · Views: 282

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Garrett is my baby bc I can't afford a mine lab yet I just like multi uses metal detectors

Lore

Greenie
Jun 26, 2011
This thread was started for no other purpose than to stir the pot. As you can see it didnt take long for the bottle caps to start flying. I think Signal line might be on to something here.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You seem to have a bottle cap fetish lol,

Negative ghost rider my garrett has the fetish with bottle caps not me...and yes i can tell a bottle cap from a coin in a newer park without concern ....its when i get to the old worth while places to hunt that i dig any high tones ...and garretts love to make them high tones and its not only bottle caps ...just because it makes alittle iron grumble from time to time mixed in with a high tone doesnt always meen you shouldnt dig...there could be a coin with a nail or other junk items that its also reading...so if your not prepared to dig them signals in a worth while place send me a location of your old hunted out spots are i assure you i will pull all the signals

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never heard of digging half a hole either. Its so good I think I'll use it. As for leaving bottle caps in the ground to stump the next guy like Fabbr says is just stupid. Why harm the hobby?

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Canyon lake park, Rapid City, SD 57701, built in 1910 and its huge

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Canyon lake park, Rapid City, SD 57701, built in 1910 and its huge
So let me get this right...Its huge and its hunted out besides bottle caps theres no signals?...man your a machine or a tool ....

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't care about caps these are what im after, that's a 1909 IH, a 57 rosie, 6 wheats, and $4.03 in clad and didn't dig a single bottle cap. Those caps look pretty new are you sure there not your own beer tops? Looks staged to me, anyone else think his cap collection may be dramatized a bit?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130421_145410.png
    ForumRunner_20130421_145410.png
    102.3 KB · Views: 227

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Correction..was a 1908 IH

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130421_145833.png
    ForumRunner_20130421_145833.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 218

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tesero did you a find job Fabbr, congrats.

goen 4 gold

Apr 12, 2012
bellevue ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES- dfx,dx1,d2 coil 4x6 shooter coil.....
beach hunter id 300, vibra probe pin pointer.....
GARRETT-ace 250

warren tweed pick,
GPAA pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ya get what you pay for...im gonna pick up one for the wife to play in the water with, from what ive seen, its pretty much a waterproof ace 250.

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, what did you find today? Yesterday? You've got that high dollar machine let's see some finds, charge up the battery in your power chair and get out there man, you have to have nice weather, im detecting the edges of snow banks and still cleaning house with my at pro, so hate if you must but be competitive about it at least, I've got a tad over 50 bucks in clad since the beginning or february, rings, silver, IH's, etc how's your year going?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread