AT haters.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, what did you find today? Yesterday? You've got that high dollar machine let's see some finds, charge up the battery in your power chair and get out there man, you have to have nice weather, im detecting the edges of snow banks and still cleaning house with my at pro, so hate if you must but be competitive about it at least, I've got a tad over 50 bucks in clad since the beginning or february, rings, silver, IH's, etc how's your year going?
youngpk 4-19-13.JPG worst hunt of the year.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care about caps these are what im after, that's a 1909 IH, a 57 rosie, 6 wheats, and $4.03 in clad and didn't dig a single bottle cap. Those caps look pretty new are you sure there not your own beer tops? Looks staged to me, anyone else think his cap collection may be dramatized a bit?
you are correct i didnt have a picture of my bottle caps it was off the net...but dont be fooled by that little pile of caps that would be a small hunt on a garrett i have more then that from a 45 min hunt
securedownload.jpg
That pretty blue 1 says i won a 2 liter bottle of soda and 81 points!

Last edited:

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hahaha, that's a pretty serious fixation you have there, I would like to personally thank garrett for getting so very deeply under your skin. Have fun with this guys, im out

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not everything garrett makes is bad...i wouldnt t-bag on the pro pointer its awsome

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahaha, that's a pretty serious fixation you have there, I would like to personally thank garrett for getting so very deeply under your skin. Have fun with this guys, im out
What you don't see and what you don't hear was some very good hunts. I have two pockets....wink wink.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One park i hit when time is short gets hit by a variety of detectors. Full of trash that people quit digging after awhile. Its fun to compare results but the bottom line is while most trash dug and hole rechecked scenarios don,t pay out that's what's left mostly for getting to missed finds. I have pulled silver and indian and wheats plus more others passed. Part of that comes from digging trash. Depends what you focus on. A brand not much of an issue if its not used to its potential.
If i hired detectorists that knew their equipment well i would still prefer a mixed bag of manufacturers. No?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Machines don't matter, its all about attitude. We all brag on ourselves here, and we should. Due to the Boom Baby attitude of some users, it is too easy to not send a barb their way every once in a while to see if they are alive.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guys baggin' on the ATP, are probably some of the ones who haven't swung their detector over anything good yet! Yeah, I have dug some caps, but have found plenty of goodies under them. Don't ever ignore the 78-82 signals! If it drops down to 74-77 or lower it is prob a pesky cap. You need to dig it anyway, some of my best finds were under some of the junk! Everyone else passed it over. I'm still finding Barber dimes at the "hunted out old park" but I REALLY have to work at it now. Learn your machine, and dig up all the trash so you can truly clear an area. Nothing like digging a cap and still finding a sweet, smooth signal underneath!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being retired I usually don't try to do much MD on the weekends. If I don't find a ring by Monday, I don't usually find one. Im going deep and for the old stuff. My searches are for areas I have not hunted yet. I mix it up over a 10 hour day. If your gonna put that time in it, you might as well have a machine you like.

wildthunder

Mar 18, 2013
RI
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT-pro, Fisher CZ-21 , Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the AT pro and so far after 60 + hours using it i love it.. I had to get the 5x8 coil ..so much easier to filter out signals... i use it in pro mode only and like the sounds it makes.. doesnt bother me one bit..
I could not be happier with it. everyone is going to have there favorites that's why there are so many detectors available

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are enjoying the machine you are using, who cares what others think of it. If you don't have a machine yet, listen to everyone 's opinion, then visit a dealer and try them out. I think finds are 90% skill, and 10% machine anyway.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ausgoldhunter, I can make you a video. I just dug a penny at elbow depth in the sand at a tot lot. I don't own a AT Pro but saying there are detectors out there that can hit 20" inches on a coin. Is it common, no, I don't normally run in all metal mode. But you are correct, you never see a bottle cap in any of the ads. But we all dig em. One of the reasons your At Pro may have been a dud is sound. Being able to adjust the sound to ones own hearing is really important for a deep digging machine. My understanding is you get three tones, no threshold on the AT Pro. Also for the price, you are getting what you pay for. Its a real good beginners machine. I may get one just for hunts I cant use my F75, as it is too sensitive to EMI in some locations. Its would just be easier to buy a dumbed down machine for that fine hair trigger setting on my F75. Unfortunately, how may guys say, I really hate my detector as it does this and cant do that? You are at least honest, and most likely owned a better detector than the AT Pro in the first place. But I will say this, I don't care what detector you own, if you don't put a few sets of battery's in it, you don't know it. I don't think folks hate the At pro, its the wild claims and post that go on every day. When I see a really good find, I always smile and say to myself, "If I only could have searched behind him". I am considering making videos for beginners on what the difference is on a few of the brand name detectors. Why you pay more for a little more. Those digger shows probably run a fisher or minelab to locate the targets before they film a AT Pro finding it lol.

You mean a Whites V3i don't you? :hello:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He he he look at what I have started... It is so entertaining.

As a mod I dont find it entertaining at all...You know what happens when that happens to a mod.........

Please be sure thread does not degrade....

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear good things about the whites V3. The all metal mode has been a killer for me with the F75.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I never heard of digging half a hole either. Its so good I think I'll use it. As for leaving bottle caps in the ground to stump the next guy like Fabbr says is just stupid. Why harm the hobby?

Harm the hobby?? what? how? if its junk in a hole in the ground from which it came, it cannot be made worse or harmful by simply returning it from which it came. please feel free to elaborate. :icon_scratch:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harm the hobby?? what? how? if its junk in a hole in the ground from which it came, it cannot be made worse or harmful by simply returning it from which it came. please feel free to elaborate. :icon_scratch:

Why would you return it to the hole, just causing someone else to dig it up and that much more damage is done to the ground with another person digging the same hole. You should haul all trash you dig up away....

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, what did you find today? Yesterday? You've got that high dollar machine let's see some finds, charge up the battery in your power chair and get out there man, you have to have nice weather, im detecting the edges of snow banks and still cleaning house with my at pro, so hate if you must but be competitive about it at least, I've got a tad over 50 bucks in clad since the beginning or february, rings, silver, IH's, etc how's your year going?

OUCHY!! RARW RAWR! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread