• image-2325543850.jpg
    image-2325543850.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is missing a part or two, but you would put caps like those used in a cap gun into that thing and toss it. When it hit the ground the cap would go off. They never worked very well for me.

Roy

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roygpa nailed it.

Here is what they look like complete,

il_fullxfull.308306704.jpg

I had dozens of them as a child.

WM

Talon

May 18, 2012
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Excal 800, Minelab Excal II, Tesoro Tigershark, Garrett ACE 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aww man, one I knew. I was too slow at answering.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks about as friendly as a lawn dart, I wonder how many people got popped on the head by those. Probably don't make those anymore either.:laughing7:

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They never seemed to work right, one cap would hardly make a noise and if you stacked them, they wouldn't go off. Then I would resort to smacking a whole roll of caps with a sledge hammer. That made a noise.
Sometimes I wonder how I made it through childhood with all of my fingers and toes in tact.

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They never seemed to work right, one cap would hardly make a noise and if you stacked them, they wouldn't go off. Then I would resort to smacking a whole roll of caps with a sledge hammer. That made a noise.
Sometimes I wonder how I made it through childhood with all of my fingers and toes in tact.

LoL!! Yes the sledge hammer worked a lot better.

OP
OP
Heysenn

Heysenn

Mar 5, 2013
I put it in my tin can where I put little random things we find. I'd keep everything, but hubby will call me a hoarder and throw a little away at a time! Haha. You guys are the best!!

Wyomingmedic

Jan 31, 2013
The black hole between Montana and Colorado.
Detector(s) used
Truffle seeking pig modified for metal.

The results have been so-so

When the pig fails me (which is often), I am relegated to a CTX3030 *sigh*. Like the dark ages or something.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you put a large washer over them, then hit the washer with a hammer, it made a BIG noise.

I then got bored of that and started hitting .22 bullets with my hammer.

no wonder my mom has grey hair already.

WM

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW!!! That brings back many memories! I cant believe I still have my hearing, I hit so many of them rolls with bricks or my father's hammer. We had them as well, we liked the hammer and entire roll the best!

AU Seeker

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
E-Track, MXT, CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AHHHHHH, the memories, blasting a whole roll of caps with a hammer or whatever you could find that would do the job!!!!
_BombingEscape__by_MenInASuitcase.gif

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread