At Pro strikes again

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A short post work hunt today surprised me, how many of these can There be left in hunted to death old parks. When I was 10 or so I remember almost every trip to the park it seemed there was a guy with headphones and some sort of contraption, later I found out these guys had 'metal detectors' this also piqued my fathers interest as well. He in short order purchased a machine. In all of the years detecting together we only found one half dollar, a walking liberty. So fast forward to today, im still in disbelief that I found this silver half in a park that over 30 years ago was being searched by local clubs and a plethora of different detectors. This goes to show that obviously this target has never had a clean coil sweep pass over it. After my recent attempt to help a fellow at pro user, I was spammed over and over again by at pro haters that are convinced this machine was made to find crown bottle caps. The funniest part of the story, is after sticking to my guns and reminding at pro critics that on a slow sweep with iron audio, that the crown caps will give a nice pre-and post iron grunt, i was shunned by vastly inferior hobbyists...fats forward to today.... I get a hit but it wasn't a blast, it did sound like a bottle cap size wise, I hit iron audio and it was as clean as a whistle, I dig what I guess to be about 8 inches and out pops this beauty, not worth more than spot price but its my first silver half in nearly 20 years...woohoo! 1953 s half...my precious! Lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130423_194834.png
    ForumRunner_20130423_194834.png
    152 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome find and a great story to boot. I'm a Pro'er also and proud of it. Don't waste your time arguing with those that can't seem to figure out one of the easiest detectors to run. The proof's in the pudding and you my friend got a bowl full with that half. Hunter

Dasseldig

Oct 26, 2012
Dassel, MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My buddy has got the Pro, and I would take it in a second. Love the pro mode. Nice half by the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread