research tips needed

TheSanDman333

Apr 22, 2012
Viola, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250, Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So im not very experienced at metal detecting, and my biggest problem seems to be finding the right spots to search. Ive tried researching my home state of arkansas to find some info of old buildings or lost towns online, but nothing ever seems to come of it. I know arkansas may not be filled with a ton of historical significance, but it seems like I could still find something. I need help...what are the best ways to start researching??? And how can I find some good places to coinshoot from that research?? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So im not very experienced at metal detecting, and my biggest problem seems to be finding the right spots to search. Ive tried researching my home state of arkansas to find some info of old buildings or lost towns online, but nothing ever seems to come of it. I know arkansas may not be filled with a ton of historical significance, but it seems like I could still find something. I need help...what are the best ways to start researching??? And how can I find some good places to coinshoot from that research?? :icon_scratch:

Many libraries have a local history section with maps and stories. I've also heard of people using historicmapworks.com to view maps from the past. Maybe stake out coffee shops and diners and strike up conversation with older people, you're likely to find a "lifer" from your area. Some times I just get in the car and drive around looking for deteriorating building or other signs of age.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread