Planted coins?

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally decided to try the most popular park in my area, which I had avoided due to always seeing several people detecting it. I made my way to the sidewalk path that splits the park, and found a small pile of pennies less than an inch deep. I assumed it was a spill, but then every 2-3 feet there was another few pennies around the same depth. This continued for about 50 feet, for a total of about 60 pennies, all 2000 or later. I got the feeling these were planted for whatever reason..

Upvote 0

I Dig Jesus

Feb 10, 2013
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster DB / Classic ID / M6 Matrix / & now The Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
??? That's just plain weird, makes me think of people that put on fake bigfoot feet and go off making fake tracks. Or......someone was drunk? I give up, someone else got a theory here? I got nothing! One time when I lived in MA I found like 14.00 in quarters in one hole, figured it was a kid? who knows, not helpful I guess, got nothing.

Last edited:

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably to keep you busy while the guy who did it is working the good stuff. I've hunted areas where the guy before me leaves the junk in the holes he digs. Burns my hind end. I was out just tonight and a couple kids in a pick up kept driving by hollering expletives and throwing change out the window, think I got every one of them before I left.

OP
OP
Silver Simon

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably to keep you busy while the guy who did it is working the good stuff. I've hunted areas where the guy before me leaves the junk in the holes he digs. Burns my hind end. I was out just tonight and a couple kids in a pick up kept driving by hollering expletives and throwing change out the window, think I got every one of them before I left.

I thought it might be a ploy to keep me occupied, but I didn't mind picking up free change. I always put the trash I find in my pouch to be recycled, burying it again just seems disrespectful.

I was heckled by some teenagers last week while working an old church, which I had no problem ignoring, but when my wife and 1yr old son stopped by to visit, they started getting really nasty with their comments. I lost control and pulled out my Lesche and threatened to send them back to their parents in pieces as I crossed the street towards them. I normally have high tolerance, but with my family involved I quickly "see red".

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe leftovers from a club hunt?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread