New spot seems to have some promise

bragg765

Apr 11, 2013
Fairmont, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Hunter VLF, Teknetics Alpha 2000, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for about three hours this morning found the more than usual beer pull tabs from the old kind of cans along with 13 pennies and one dime. Some of the other things that I found was a modern shotgun shell complete with plastic casing, just the head of another (pictured) it is a Peters and from what I can tell from just a quick search on the internet Peters was bought out by Remington in 1934 so hopefully that shell is from that era if so it will be the oldest thing that I have found. I also found a ring looks to be brass or copper band with some kind of stone the setting is some kind of fish (pictured), also some brass from an unknown weapon (pictured), along with a hunk of something can't tell what it is (pictured). One thing that I did find it was about nine to ten inches deep and under several tree roots was what looked to be a mason jar or some sort of old light cover I could not tell all the way the glass was broke and the metal that I was able to unearth was rusted bad, I put it back in the ground and marked it I plan to go back with a shovel to get it out proper. But just wanted to post my finds not much but it is something. 20130502_121322_resized.jpg

Upvote 0

primetime21

Mar 10, 2013
Great finds. I dig up stuff all the time that's not worth anything but its something cool and I found it!! I've kept everything right down to the last nail. Have a 55 gal trash can I'm going to take to the scrap yard when it's full

JustKeepDigging

May 2, 2013
Jupiter, FL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
PRL-1 Whites, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. I dig up stuff all the time that's not worth anything but its something cool and I found it!! I've kept everything right down to the last nail. Have a 55 gal trash can I'm going to take to the scrap yard when it's full

Can you scrape bottle caps? What falls under the scrape metal category from what you may find on a beach?

primetime21

Mar 10, 2013
Any metal can be scrapped. Aluminum and copper you need to keep seperate because its worth more. I have a big can for nails and scrap tin etc. and smaller buckets for copper and aliminum. It's not much but at least you're MD will start to pay for itself...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions