Upvote 0

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never done any metal detecting. Was interested in starting. Would anyone be kind enough to tell me a good easy to use detector that I could try starting this hobby with. Don't want to buy a piece of junk just a basic beginner detector that is easy to use that I can have fun with. Thanks in advance for your input

What is your budget?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope this helps!

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
figure on spending about 200 bucks or so for a good entry level machine. I just did this homework myself a few months back. I ended up purchasing a fisher F2 after reading this forum and watching some youtube videos comparing it to some other models like the ace 250. I am very happy with it so far. It has good depth capability, is very lightweight and the batteries last a long time.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
Here's a new one Teknetics Eurotek Pro. Comes with 8" concentric coil for $219 or with 11" double D coil for $299. The DD presumably works better in most bad ground areas. Manual says it IDs good to 8" & will work well in bad iron ground without a ground adjust (proprietary new design). In non-motion pinpoint, it has depth reading to 9" & also reads in centimeters. Detects coins close to junk. Designed to work even in European areas with 1,000 years of iron accumulation. Big number indicates conductivity so you can guess type of coin before digging.

You can select the iron response, from full volume to weak, or silent with flash. Think the website is tekneticst2.com/ You can read & download manual if you like. Also, should be a few videos on You Tube. Best wishes, George (MN)

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For ease of use but nice features, those posted above are all good choices. Fisher F2GWP is a good package with two coils and a Fisher Fpoint pinpointer. Also consider the Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Coinmaster.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread