Help I have been attacked by the permission police!!!!!!!!

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHO BILLYED YA ??:tongue3:

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ya dont need permits unless your gonna hunt on state property in this state

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom of CA hits like a girl! TTC

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom is right.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
haha, I just replied to papaws other post, THEN saw this. Sorry papaw, yes it's my personal peeve. But hey, how many others can claim they've been given the honorary title of "permission police" ? :laughing7:

Hope I didn't rub you wrong. It's a worthy topic to be discussed. Your input and counter-points are just as needed for balanced comment. I saw, first-hand, starting from the late 1970s, the evolution of all of this, and saw places get "no's", where it was never a problem before someone went and asked. And one day, reading about such things over and over, it occured to me that it was becoming a self-fulfilling cycle. Thus I got this bee-in-my-bonnet. So please forgive me for coming down harsh.

OP
OP
WVPapaw

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha, I just replied to papaws other post, THEN saw this. Sorry papaw, yes it's my personal peeve. But hey, how many others can claim they've been given the honorary title of "permission police" ? :laughing7:

Hope I didn't rub you wrong. It's a worthy topic to be discussed. Your input and counter-points are just as needed for balanced comment. I saw, first-hand, starting from the late 1970s, the evolution of all of this, and saw places get "no's", where it was never a problem before someone went and asked. And one day, reading about such things over and over, it occured to me that it was becoming a self-fulfilling cycle. Thus I got this bee-in-my-bonnet. So please forgive me for coming down harsh.

No problem. The permission police title is kind of funny. Don't worry Tom. I am not a far left liberal who wants to regulate everything. In fact, I am not happy at all about the direction this country is headed. I have done tons of research on metal detecting and treasure hunting, and I think the government needs to have a very limited role in regulating my new hobby as well as many other areas. I blame it all on California. HaHa!!!!!

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too have some scars from Tom after mentioning the " P" word... Lol.. Although I'm pretty sure I Left a few claw marks ;) Remember our scuffle Tom? Lol

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've read, Tom seems like a wise person, and many of us greenies could benefit from his advice, kinda like that old guy in the library that knows everyone in town and you just want to hang out and listen to his stories. Wisdom comes from experience, and he sounds like he has had plenty of it. Many of us (me included) at times like to think we are experts because we've spent a few weeks researching something and watched some YouTube videos.

OP
OP
WVPapaw

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too have some scars from Tom after mentioning the " P" word... Lol.. Although I'm pretty sure I Left a few claw marks ;) Remember our scuffle Tom? Lol

I landed a couple of hits too. I think........ but am definitely licking some wounds. LOL!!!

OP
OP
WVPapaw

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've read, Tom seems like a wise person, and many of us greenies could benefit from his advice, kinda like that old guy in the library that knows everyone in town and you just want to hang out and listen to his stories. Wisdom comes from experience, and he sounds like he has had plenty of it. Many of us (me included) at times like to think we are experts because we've spent a few weeks researching something and watched some YouTube videos.

Well, I am willing to learn especially about metal detecting because I am pretty new at it, but I also know that you can't just believe everything you are told. You have to educate yourself and make informed decisions or else there can be serious problems that result. So I will listen to what everyone has to say and evaluate carefully what action to take. I can see that research is important to success in this hobby.

Tenspeed

Mar 22, 2009
York County, SC
Detector(s) used
Currently: Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Past: XP Deus, Xterra 70, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Usually there are no rules about metal detecting until you ask someone if there are any. Then all of the sudden there are rules and NO is the answer.

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe someone should make a coil cover that looks like a dog...

And your digger could be a modified pooper scooper...

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom of CA definetely has a point. In a nutshell.... Private Property=Permission.... public, if no law written, go for it. TTC

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone should make a coil cover that looks like a dog...

And your digger could be a modified pooper scooper...
Then when people see you dancing with joy after a "recovery", they'll call the men in the white coats instead of the police! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread