Do you know a metal detector under $350 that can detect coins consistanly down to 8"

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you know a metal detector under $350 that can detect coins consistanly down to 8"

I'm thinking about getting another metal detector, and I decided I want one with depth and it has to have idem ID. I want it to go down to a least 8" with a consistent beep. I was thinking about the fisher F2 but can it go my desired depth and are there other possibilitys?

P.S. Anyone know anything about the Teknetics Delta 4000.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been thinking about getting a BH platinum to add to my gear. I have the F2 which has been good to me but I want to compare it to another machine and it would be nice to have another detector so I can bring a friend out on the hunts with me.

That said, with the little sniper coil I have found some pretty deep coins with the F2. One clad quarter was nearly a foot down and I got a nice consistent quarter reading that rang in the low 80s on the readout.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I too can get some pretty good depth on my f2 with the lil' guy coil. Even when I back the sens off to avoid false signals.

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The tesoro cibola is a solid little machine with pretty impressive discrimination, just have to learn its sounds. This may not seem right beings it only chimes at one tone, but after a little use and listening to it, you notice there is a lot of audio information there, I think I paid $340

dugin

Apr 6, 2013
southern IL
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 w/3 coil pack
Recent Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been thinking about getting a BH platinum to add to my gear. I have the F2 which has been good to me but I want to compare it to another machine and it would be nice to have another detector so I can bring a friend out on the hunts with me.

That said, with the little sniper coil I have found some pretty deep coins with the F2. One clad quarter was nearly a foot down and I got a nice consistent quarter reading that rang in the low 80s on the readout.
I wouldn't buy the Platinum again, its very unstable in trashy areas, well in all areas it seems, maybe a different coil will help but I think I would rather sell the Platinum and the Fisher F2 and buy an Fisher F75 and build on it.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks I appreciate your input. A lot of the places I am hunting are super trashy which is why I run the sniper coil so much. I found a spot yesterday where the land owner told me some old plow horse tools were buried. There were signals every inch of the way, seemed like all small and large iron. I think I will take your advice and skip the platinum. I've had good results with the F2 maybe I will pick up an F4 down the road and see what that finds for me.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I stay away from anything with the bounty hunter name on it. You can buy alot of detector used for 350

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

EasyriderTX

Apr 4, 2013
DFW area
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a Teknetics Delta 4000, I have found it to have very good discrimination, a great notch out, and as far as depth there hasn't been a problem. The pin point program that works with the standard disk works pretty well dead on and at my age the large display and lightness of the machine really helps. Of course we all have different opinions but that's mine and I'm sticking to it

Sent from my iPhone 5 using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions