synacl1000

Greenie
Apr 27, 2013
Central Missouri
Detector(s) used
Relic Magnum 6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from the center of central Missouri, our town literally has more cows than people lol! Today it is a small settlement with one school that goes from K-8. I look for the school to close with in the next decade as the post office recently did. The one luxury we did have was a soda machine up town, however that was also removed not to long ago. If there is seventy five homes here I would be surprised. I was born n raised here & it wasn't much different when I was a kid. I'm 33. The town used to be epic in size & at one time was highly regarded, & an educational pioneer for Missouri. It was even in the running for the state capital! In the 1860's there were three colleges, several churches, three or four blacksmith shop's, Grocery stores etc.. The town had Hotels, Bank, Mills, & people came from all over to root here. The Union Pacific runs through the middle of town & has since laid. At one time it only came this far & the line stopped. It would meet up with the Butterfield Overland Mail Stage & single riders "Mail Men." Even some mining for led & coal operations went on here for some years. All of this during mid 1800's. To see it today it is a pleasant "Mayberry" kind of place & great to raise children in. One would never be able to tell it was ever what it was sadly. The weather here is consistently changing..."If you don't like the weather in MO., wait a min & it will change." the saying is a fact lol. We went from snow to sunshine & winter temps, to rain & summer temps over night. It has been this way since. Just as I got the hang of properly tuning my Relic Mag 6...It decided to rain forever!! As far as "Find" potential, I know with the towns history anything could be anywhere. Not only the above occurred here....but also raiders, soldiers, revolutionary happenings & Indians played their part heavily around here. I have been getting to know my machine in my own yard & have really become to know it as I am out with it every sec the rain stops or slows or the sun peeks out. The only finds I have to speak of are some modern coins, a pair of children's school scissors, & a small parking lot of hot wheels. First chance I get I am going out all day to some known sites in town & hope to do good. Sorry for the book lol!

Upvote 0

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I liked the book and can hardly wait for the next chapter. If you had not said you were from Missouri I would have thought you were talking about Montana weather. Keep us updated.

Good that you are finding treasure anyway. All I have found so far is new money also but not complaining mind you.

Last edited:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey before all the old people in your town pass away/or move away,you might get a video camera out and make a little movie on your own of your town and the people that are still there,also don't forget and take pictures.Your town or state's historical soc. might be interested in it.

OP
OP
S

synacl1000

Greenie
Apr 27, 2013
Central Missouri
Detector(s) used
Relic Magnum 6
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thank you very much for the responses! I did get over to the school the last couple days & managed to make some finds. First about $2.77 in modern quarters & 2 stinkin Links, a hinge & bolt with square head, & an open pocket knife. The stories behind these finds are common but interesting. The coins were found where most park to watch the small grade school track meets & have since years ago. The next, my dad used to tell me when he went there as a kid there was no indoor plumbing. That the students had to go out to the outhouse in the back, the hinge & bolt were located exactly where he had said the crapper was lol. The knife...About 2 years ago I witnessed a stabbing from my yard in the school parking lot. The suspect used the knife on another man & threw it in the school yard as it was dark. The cops came & searched the area & never recovered the weapon. I got a hit near the bottom of a tree in the area & had forgotten all about the incident until I dug & this knife came up in the plug. It still had the blade open! Will post more finds as they come!

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say you have incredible potential but don't think I have to tell you that, you've done your homework. I'll be watching this one for the pictures, Good Luck, Hunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread