Just ordered a Pro Pointer.

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice, just received my first machine this week, now I can't wait to order my pro pointer next! HH!!

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my pro pointer delivered yesterday afternoon. First thing I did was a test at my desk on a modern quarter against the fisher F point I was currently using. The garrett sees the quarter at over twice the distance of the fisher and it's increasing tone as you get closer locks you right in on it. In short it's worth every red cent I paid for it. Took the garrett out in the backyard with my detector and found some signals to dig up. The pro pointer is a definite time saver. I nailed a few copper pennies, a .22 bullet casing and an old car key in short order, much faster than I have been recovering with the F point pinpointer. I wish I had bought the garrett sooner.

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Pro Pointer!!! It the first real work out today! Found everything my ACE350 detected. After spending 10-20 minutes per coin looking for the first few coins I detected in my yard. I knew right there and then I needed one of these!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It will save you hours of searching for you target over time. Now you can spend more time swinging for your next treasure instead of waving fist fills of dirt over your coil!

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love mine and a real time saver alright. Hope the Garrett ProPointer lasts because I can't afford to lay out any more cash on this hobby for a long time.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would turn around and drive back home to get it, if it got left behind! :tongue3:

gsxraddict

Sep 21, 2005
Resaca, GA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800, Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just got my first pinpointer yesterday, propointer. It's so nice, it's hard to believe that I've been relic hunting for so long without one, my dig time is half of what it used to be.

And it makes me a better hunter, because I'm a lot more willing to dig weak iffy signals that I wasn't in the past because the sound would disappear after I dug.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Big Medicine

Greenie
May 3, 2013
Wife left town for the week, so I ordered a Pro Pointer from Bart at BigBoyHobbies.:icon_thumleft:

I just ordered one yesterday, looking forward to using it. My buddy just bought a house, and turns out it use to be a stagecoach stop. So I talked him into buying a detector so we can hopefully dig up some long lost coins or whatever my be waiting to be unearthed.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
meh, looks like I may have to send my unit off to garrett for warranty replacement straight out of the box. worked fine on the first day. next day out the thing signals when the slightest pressure is applied to the tip, such as when prodding around with it. At one point it was sounding off at all times even when pointed up at the sky. Went from very happy with the propointer to wanting my money back in all of 48 hours.

I can get it to signal in my bare hands by squeezing it gently at the tip. Thought the included battery might be on it's last leg so I installed a new engergizer 9v. same story. I have the battery out of it hoping letting it sit overnight will "fix" it but I am doubtful. Looks like I may be digging with the F point again for a while. GRRRRRRRRR

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dirtwizard said:
meh, looks like I may have to send my unit off to garrett for warranty replacement straight out of the box. worked fine on the first day. next day out the thing signals when the slightest pressure is applied to the tip, such as when prodding around with it. At one point it was sounding off at all times even when pointed up at the sky. Went from very happy with the propointer to wanting my money back in all of 48 hours.

I can get it to signal in my bare hands by squeezing it gently at the tip. Thought the included battery might be on it's last leg so I installed a new engergizer 9v. same story. I have the battery out of it hoping letting it sit overnight will "fix" it but I am doubtful. Looks like I may be digging with the F point again for a while. GRRRRRRRRR

You can't put pressure on the tip of a PP by prodding around with pressure or it will go off. I haven't seen one yet that doesn't do it. They are made to locate the target but can not be used as a probe to stab through the dirt.

JRMan

Mar 20, 2013
West Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer,
White's Coinmaster 6000/Di Professional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can't put pressure on the tip of a PP by prodding around with pressure or it will go off. I haven't seen one yet that doesn't do it. They are made to locate the target but can not be used as a probe to stab through the dirt.

I tend to use my pro pointer to dig around sometimes.. It will false and when I shut it off and back on it resets then works fine. If you dig around with the edge designed to do that it works best with little falsing.

Frankyg

Jan 20, 2013
Isle Of Anglesey
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
GTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The three best pieces of kit I use:-
1. Minelab E-Trac
2. Garret Pinpointer Pro
4. Waterproof leggings with slide in knee pads.

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You don't have a ring on your finger do you? Sorry, but it has to be asked. I once spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why my detector kept falsing every time I swung it to the left only to finally realize that I had my bag of trash hanging from my belt at that side.... :tongue3:

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

hmm maybe the thing is fine and it's just super sensitive. I can actually force the F point into the dirt rather firmly and it does not give false signal. Being used to using it for the past months I just assumed you could dig a bit with them all.

I tend to use my pro pointer to dig around sometimes.. It will false and when I shut it off and back on it resets then works fine. If you dig around with the edge designed to do that it works best with little falsing.
thanks for the tips I will try to reset it next time it goes crazy maybe it just needs to be calibrated or something.

You don't have a ring on your finger do you? Sorry, but it has to be asked. I once spent 20 minutes trying to figure out why my detector kept falsing every time I swung it to the left only to finally realize that I had my bag of trash hanging from my belt at that side.... :tongue3:

Wish it was that simple but I don't wear any jewelry. Haven't found any yet. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread