And we are the bad guys?

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone should sue CAT for making an excavator that is used in such an destructive purpose. Perhaps limits on the size of the bucket would have slowed the act to give time for someone to act!

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone should sue CAT for making an excavator that is used in such an destructive purpose. Perhaps limits on the size of the bucket would have slowed the act to give time for someone to act!

What? Lol. Are you being serious ?

Jimmi

Apr 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such disregard for history is ridiculous

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tcornel said:

And take away everybody's scissors because they might trip and put someone's eye out with them.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A shame to see a place like that deliberately destroyed but if you can believe the experts in the story, it's not the only one around. In fact, one guy says he thinks one is destroyed every day! That must mean there are thousands of them. Not exactly a crisis that this one bit the dust. Looks like it's just a pile of rocks anyway. What is so special about it "culturally"? Is it some special shrine that is still in use? If it was abandoned, how special can it be? If it was that valuable, why didn't the government buy it and protect it? Like I said, no reason to deliberately doze it but I smell archie hand wringing on this one.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You got to be kidding,,,,, there has to be personal responsibility for people's actions. You can't regulate equipment or punish the manufacturer because someone does something wrong with a product.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The land was bought by a contractor to excavate the stone out. It wasnt protected by the government so they had every right to do what they did.

Just like when I was still a logger we were cutting a property thag was just sold. The neighbor through a huge hissy fit bc we were cuttin close to his property. I basically told him this isn't ur property, if u like the was the trees looked u soulda bought it when it was forsale. The government or the historical peoole soulda had that land persevered.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The land was bought by a contractor to excavate the stone out. It wasnt protected by the government so they had every right to do what they did.

Just like when I was still a logger we were cutting a property thag was just sold. The neighbor through a huge hissy fit bc we were cuttin close to his property. I basically told him this isn't ur property, if u like the was the trees looked u soulda bought it when it was forsale. The government or the historical peoole soulda had that land persevered.
It was protected by the government, so they had no right to do it...you must not have read the whole article.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeh but it also says criminal charges are "POSSIBLE" not that they have charged anyone...if anyone 1 of us went to some mayan sites and started detecting and digging targets we would be cuffed stuffed prolly never to see freedom again

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread