Helpful equipment, what do we need?

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I was just looking through the post about what would be the next thing metal detectors will offer and it got me thinking.
What other equipment would help us out, not necessarily on a detector?
For example,
1. I'd like to have a way to carry my extra coils/shafts with me while I detect so I wouldn't have to go back to
the truck every time I want to change the coil.
2. It would be nice to come up with a detector carrier for a vehicle that might mount on the roof that would
be waterproof and I could lock my detectors in.
I did notice on the "metal detector ad-ons" thread that you would want a weed eater attached to the detector. I did come up with a solution to this years ago. When I'm hunting a yard that is very overgrown and can't even swing my coil, I have a piece of plexi-glass that's 3'x3' square. I drilled 2 holes at one end on opposite corners and tied a rope to use as a handle to carry it. I simply lay this plexi-glass over the grass and it smashes it and makes a nice area to search.

Any other gadgets you use or think would be helpful?
xXx

Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
If you use AA batteries, then an elastic sleeve that hunters slide on rifles for extra ammo is nice. Could slide right on off-arm always have xtra batt. Shotgun shell size good for 9 volt.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as something to carry your extra gear in.....I have a 4-wheeler with a waterproof box on the rear. The box would be about the right size to carry your spare gear in and even your detector would fit if broken down. Also, to carry spare items in the field I use a Turkey hunting vest as it has large roomy pockets, is water resistant and quite sturdy. jimmileo

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Always have a few wadded up plastic bags for trash. Makes it easy to keep your pouch pockets empty & it is always good to have some trash bagged up to show the doubters that we do in fact have a positive impact on the areas that we hunt. Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread