HELP with GTI 2500 PLEASE!!

Tixiercat

Jul 5, 2012
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my GTI for about a year, and I CANNOT get it to read accurately! It will give the clear chirp in coin mode, and will say 6 in deep,nut I dig for 12 and NOTHING! Or, I will find it was a rock that made it go off, but it was described as gold or silver!! I have watched the dvd and read the WHOLE manual numerous times and all I have found are shell casings and hot rocks!

Upvote 0

Semag93

Feb 7, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What setting do you have it set to? Discriminate, all metal, other?

Is there a lot of debris where you are looking? Many of the school grounds or places with junk (pop-tabs etc..) I fond it better when I switched to a sniper coil. You don't get the image [depth & size] on the display but you get a more accurate reading as to what it might be. I'm also finding that based on the length of the tone in proportion to the sweep will give you a rough indication as to depth and size. (I think) as I've only had it out 1/2 dozen times. For example (using sniper coil) if it is showing up as a penny and you sweep and get short distinct beep it's likely deep, if you sweep on the same penny indication and it's a longer beep it likely closer to the surface..

I'm still learning with the same 2500 unit (older model) but this is what I'm finding so far

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Tixiercat - you might also consider browsing SubForum: Garrett...

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bury some coins and junk you dig up at known depths in your back yard and practice. You will be surprised how much you can learn with a known target. You can't mimic all the crazy soil conditions but it will help you a lot to get a handle on how different objects sound compared to the depth and relation to other objects in the ground. Good luck!

OP
OP
Tixiercat

Tixiercat

Jul 5, 2012
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the great advice! I will try that. Any more tips from anyone are greatly appreciated!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread