Yard finds

EVB

Feb 6, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I got a cheap BH D1100 detector and a garret pin pointer. Pin pointer was more $$$ than the detector. Anyway, found a few things. An Indian pin, two wheat, 191? s, 1944 in the back and what appears to be a wedding band, 1 1958 wheat and a no date buffalo nickle. I was surprised to find the nickle in this yard as the house was built in 1957 but I guess people still got those in change then. Bunch of clad too.

Attachments

• IMG_0175.JPG
    IMG_0175.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    1,008 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0179.JPG
    IMG_0179.JPG
    964 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0188.JPG
    IMG_0188.JPG
    715.6 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    714.9 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 0

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice finds I like the indian piece.

OP
OP
EVB

EVB

Feb 6, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks! Yeah, I'm not sure on that one. It was about 4-5 inches deep a few feet from the back of the house. My guess is that it is a Stanford Indians mascot pin since I live fairly close to Stanford University but I could certainly be wrong.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds. Those BH can find some nice stuff. I started out with a BH840 and still have a sharp shooter BH you just have to use them to understand how they work.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like gold, but is the wedding band marked?

OP
OP
EVB

EVB

Feb 6, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Susan, I think the ring is silver gold filled. It looks like someone had it re-sized and maybe discovered that it was not solid gold. I found it 5 feet in a 45 degree from the front door. I imagine that a rather heavy set man that regularly wears white tank tops and drinks large quantities of Hamms (since I found a can about a foot down and a ton of pop tops) gave it to is wife. She eventually gained some weight and needed the ring re-sized. She gets a call from the jeweler and he says the ring is plated and he cannot re-size it. She tells him to re-size the damn ring anyway. She picks it up and goes home, scratches the ring to verify then waits patiently for her man to get back from the bar. When he arrives she's already tossed all his crap in the yard then she flailed the ring at him from the doorway as se exclaims it is a fake then tells him to f-off and never come back. ;)

OP
OP
EVB

EVB

Feb 6, 2013
Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is a lot of iron in the yard. Nails, bolts etc. I have to say the discrimination leaves something to be desired. Bolts and some screws sound like copper or silver so that's kind of lame. I've just mostly been going all metal mode and swinging slow. Seems to work ok but I'm definitely going to consider a higher end machine as this leave a bit to be desired. It was just nice to get some Indians from the front and the back. :)

nice finds. Those BH can find some nice stuff. I started out with a BH840 and still have a sharp shooter BH you just have to use them to understand how they work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions