Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is your hand detected in all-metal? If it is, you may have a shielding problem.
Make sure your coil cable connector is tight. Or you may have a bad wire that connects to the coil shield.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Kookiemonsta

May 6, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Minelab XTerra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I sort of figured it out? I walked way out into the middle of the field and turned on and this time I was able to up to like 8 sensitivity before hearing any chatter. Im thinking it must just be the moisture in the air and the effect of surrounding power lines/house power etc etc. But the closer I am to my house the worse it is. Kinda odd O.O Makes me wonder how much im getting effected when it not wet without me knowing.

I went out and found a couple pieces of junk. I burried a penny about 6 inches deep, and a dime above it about 4 inches deep. I then tried to read them and I couldnt even get them to beep on all metal... Im not sure what to do =/

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
FWIW - I searched google and found (related to the Tesoro Silver uMax vs wet grass)...

• [*=3]Tighten the coil wire wher it meets the control box. good and tight.
    [*=3]The coil may have a problem...had a minute crack that let water in from wet grass that would do that until it (the coil) dried out for a day or two.
    [*=3] Near dead battery can make them go beserk.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KM, The Tesoro's I owned were so stable (quiet) around EMI that when they acted up, I thought something was wrong with detector.
Glad to hear you isolated the trouble and it wasn't something serious.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
vpnavy makes good points. I've had both a minute crack in a coil take on moisture and low battery cause Tesoros to go beserk.
luvsdux

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newly burried coins dont read as well till they have been there awhile. Dont use new coins, use like 1984 pennys, and dimes. As for not working close to the house. Sounds like the house some issues that need looked at. Would have a electrician look at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread