D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I knew i had waited to long to buy a 5x8 coil for my At Pro. I went to an old honey hole this morning pretty confident I had found all but a few pennies I was to lazy to dig so I thought I would go to an area I dug the most last fall. I started out kinda slow with a few pennies which i expected and then a quarter and a dime. Altogether I found $4.88 in about 1-1/2 hours. That 5x8 coil is a coin hound. You have to swing slower but the coins are very distinct rings. I only have about 6 hours of use on it so far so I am in the beginning of my learning curve.

If anyone has any tips on the 5x8 I would appreciate them.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outstanding.gif
Outstanding Normsel! You might consider jumping over to SubForum: Garrett for stuff relating to your 5x8...

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutey agree with u the 5x8 is absolutely a coin hound not only in coins I've found a couple other items I tend to mainly just listen to the sound depth seems to be a little off using 5x8 but definitely worth it great little coil awesome in the park to

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have had mine for a couple weeks, and just got a 4.5 sniper coil. I dont think the 5x8 will ever come off!! Got a spot thats good for 30-40 clad every trip, and it cleans up. Dimes at 8-10 inches regulary, works great on nickles and jewlery. Loved this AT Pro from day one, this coil makes it even better:icon_thumleft:

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed. The 5x8 is now my main coil. I like the lighter weight and sharper edges over the stock. Def recommend the slower swing as you already stated. Also, you can get fairly close to metal fences if u bump sens down to about 4 bars.

The only issue i have is when i go back to the stock coil and pinpointing. Much easier with the smaller coil so i have to refresh my memory digging a few targets

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread