2 hunts today. should have stayed home. Police and golf balls !

Adamsr0522

Dec 30, 2012
Cohoes NY
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and 350,BH Tracker IV and now the Garrett AT Pro and White's VX3.
Went out today twice. First to a local park with an adjoining golf course. I was not on the course but in an abandoned ball field adjacent to it. Jackasses playing golf decided it would be funny to hit balls at me from above. Needless to say I left after a few words and "kindly" returning a golf ball or 10. Second hunt get swarmed by the police. Someone reported a burned body in the woods. Turned out to be burned bbq picnic meats lol. So I'm home now.
At least I found a few coins lol

Sent from my Galaxy note 2 using TreasureNet

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Hey, it just wasn't your day Adamsr0522!
killingme.gif

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember to bring a driver club with you the next time you hunt that area next to the golf course. That way you can really return the favor to the a-holes.

Old as Dirt

May 19, 2013
Crest Hill, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 & Garrett Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate to your post. Yesterday I was detecting in a public park, around the outside of a fenced baseball field, and near some tall weeds. First a coyote ran within 25 feet of me sitting on the ground digging. I live in a rural area, not out where they should be living. Then a woman walked across the huge baseball fields, to inform me that I cannot detect on this property, that it is park district property. There were no signs posted, and she threatened to call the police. So I handed her my finds...........broken glass with aluminum foil label, hunk of metal, two bottle caps, one nail, a piece of wire, and I kept the 1962 penny for myself!! LOL.......She didn't look happy, but I said, "Hey!! I cleaned up junk that you probably dropped! I left and called a friend, who is a police officer, and he said there might be an ordinance about detecting there and he'd check it out for me. Hopefully I will hear something soon......and I might just go back with no digging tools, just to get used to the sounds of my Garrett Ace 350. I have not mastered it yet, and need more practice.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate to your post. Yesterday I was detecting in a public park, around the outside of a fenced baseball field, and near some tall weeds. First a coyote ran within 25 feet of me sitting on the ground digging. I live in a rural area, not out where they should be living. Then a woman walked across the huge baseball fields, to inform me that I cannot detect on this property, that it is park district property. There were no signs posted, and she threatened to call the police. So I handed her my finds...........broken glass with aluminum foil label, hunk of metal, two bottle caps, one nail, a piece of wire, and I kept the 1962 penny for myself!! LOL.......She didn't look happy, but I said, "Hey!! I cleaned up junk that you probably dropped! I left and called a friend, who is a police officer, and he said there might be an ordinance about detecting there and he'd check it out for me. Hopefully I will hear something soon......and I might just go back with no digging tools, just to get used to the sounds of my Garrett Ace 350. I have not mastered it yet, and need more practice.

I think we,all have been in some instances like that mine workin a foundation of a home not to old but neighbors called cops said I was scaring them bending down then up down & up only to be surrounded by 4 cops needless to say they all said have fun that person who called was just a complainin person calling cops on everyone so least I got full permission that day

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out today twice. First to a local park with an adjoining golf course. I was not on the course but in an abandoned ball field adjacent to it. Jackasses playing golf decided it would be funny to hit balls at me from above. Needless to say I left after a few words and "kindly" returning a golf ball or 10.

That's a moment that calls for a cell phone video. You get hit, you would own them.

OP
OP
A

Adamsr0522

Dec 30, 2012
Cohoes NY
Detector(s) used
Luckily and ironically my aim was better than their swing.

They are just jerks. Funny part was that they got pissed and couldn't believe I had the nerve to throw the golf balls at them!

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can relate to that golf ball experience. But wasn't metal detecting.. Me and a buddy was out bass fishing on the river here that had a gold corse that joined the river. We were in a cove fishing an all the sudden a golf ball hit my boat. Up on the hill side were 3 guys peppering golf balls at us until both my buddy an I picked up our ar-15 out of the boat and started blasting there golf balls. It didn't take but a minute for them to leave and then we left and went to another fishing hole. We were in a very rural area and really was having a bad day anyways. But I doubt those guys will bother any one again.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is the perfect way to get rid of the immature golfers

OP
OP
A

Adamsr0522

Dec 30, 2012
Cohoes NY
Detector(s) used
Hahahahaha. Phil, you deserve an award! Thanks for the laugh

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahahahaha. Phil, you deserve an award! Thanks for the laugh

We didn't hang around for long as we new it could bring trouble but being the rural area we were in and the distance they were we knew they couldn't see my boat numbers. But here in Tennessee the city dudes that play golf don't need to be messing with us country bumpkins. Only place I don't carry is in city parks where its not allowed but even there it is a violation of our constitution rights.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can relate to that golf ball experience. But wasn't metal detecting.. Me and a buddy was out bass fishing on the river here that had a gold corse that joined the river. We were in a cove fishing an all the sudden a golf ball hit my boat. Up on the hill side were 3 guys peppering golf balls at us until both my buddy an I picked up our ar-15 out of the boat and started blasting there golf balls. It didn't take but a minute for them to leave and then we left and went to another fishing hole. We were in a very rural area and really was having a bad day anyways. But I doubt those guys will bother any one again.

WTH? Two guys in a boat fishing, both with AR-15's?? Why didn't I think of that? I have a sig sauer M400. I will post a pic of it when I can. :thumbsup:

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTH? Two guys in a boat fishing, both with AR-15's?? Why didn't I think of that? I have a sig sauer M400. I will post a pic of it when I can. :thumbsup:

Actually mine is a Ruger sr 556 but everyone still calls them ar15 shoots .223 or 556 ammo.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For some reason the app keeps crashing.

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For some reason the app keeps crashing.

How do you like you sig? Just looked at them! Nice looking rifle! I love my sr556. Great shooting gun!

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How do you like you sig? Just looked at them! Nice looking rifle! I love my sr556. Great shooting gun!

I like it alot. I have one decked out in all Magpul O.D. Green

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it alot. I have one decked out in all Magpul O.D. Green

Yea I have more just about in accessories on mine now that what the gun cost. I like gadgets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread