Getting Old Sucks!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tell me about it just looking at his 6000 series ll
makes me want one
I've been training like an athlete just for metal detecting..

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugh. I say that every day and I am only in my early '50s. MD and prospecting are the only good exercise I get and the both end with Advil.

mo dirt diggin

Sep 3, 2012
Souteast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, 950 Coil, 4x6 eclipse coil, DX-1, Bullseye 2 pinpointer, Pro pointer, Lesche Sampson 31inch.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, start with pain meds and end with pain meds. I had an electric wheelchair added this year as a main source of transportation. I am blessed with a wife that wants to md also, we will be getting started real soon. HH :hello2::hello2:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not getting old that sucks. What sucks is every year the ground seems to be getting further and further away! TTC

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
amen im 36 and fell like im in my 70's

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Fisher Gold Bug, Garretts ACE-350 and Garrett's pinpointer pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
getting older makes you a better discriminater:walk:

I agree with that we walk slow, look slow, and hear slow and have no where we need to go in a hurry.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEFORE----- Hot-Girls-Hanging-Out-on-boat.jpg -----AFTER------- thCA261AE6 old guy metal detecting.jpg ----------:BangHead:

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting areas where you can see the before pic helps out the old eyes though.hahah

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know you're old when you plan to find a time capsule you buried over 40 years ago.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
getting old sucks , this is truth , but not getting old sucks worse , cuz that means yer dead.

as for the "finds" --quite simply put -- you had more lost silver and old coins back then "in the ground" once they got found things got harder --ie there is less to find -- plus you used to have more land to hunt a lot of land is now "off limits" -- no doubt that much to todays gear is better than some of the old machines but there have been few "earth shattering" improvements since the 1980's other than machines getting much lighter in weight -- the new multi freq type detectors is most likely the biggest advance in some time.

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in my 70's and the ground somehow increased its gravity. Hunting the water is easier on the knees and it is free of the bugs.

Nevada Coyote

Oct 20, 2009
Yerington, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Bounty Gold Digger, Fisher Gold Bug.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It ain't the number, it's the mileage. I don't mind getting old, it's the stuff that goes with it.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
when your knees buckle but your belt wont...or your back goes out more than you do....

liftloop

OP
OP
Dick Stout

Dick Stout

Mar 23, 2006
Southwest
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, that is true. I am very, very selective in what I will bend down for.

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to be 60 this fall, I know for a fact that there is a strange time vortex going on here. Just 3 years ago I was only 36, now I am 60!!!! Time to start making foil hats everyone, it is Happening to us, they are out to get us, making us grow old faster than we should, LOL

PhilBarnett

Oct 6, 2012
Englewood
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to be 60 this fall, I know for a fact that there is a strange time vortex going on here. Just 3 years ago I was only 36, now I am 60!!!! Time to start making foil hats everyone, it is Happening to us, they are out to get us, making us grow old faster than we should, LOL

Our fun is expiring fast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions