BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone posted the other day that you don't need a pinpointer at the beach. You just scoop and go. This is true for the sand but not if you are working the rocks. A lot of coins get jammed in tiny cracks and covered with packed sand. It is nearly impossible to tell where some of these cracks even are since the surf action packs the sand so tightly it might as well be solid rock.

After some real frustration working the rocks at a highly mineralized beach, it occurred to me to run to the truck and get my ProPointer. It worked perfectly without any false signals. I was able to scratch out coin after coin once I knew exactly where they were.

One of these days I will find my Spanish silver or gold in a place most searchers never look.

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Great point BadM0nkey!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That wasn't me telling you not to use a pin pointer at the beach! I recommend one.....the Vibraprobe 580 to be exact. Waterproof and works great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread