ForumRunner_20130522_171516.png
    406.5 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a flatten wheat cent token today that says Perry's Victory Centennial 1813 - 1913 Lucky Cent. Anyone every heard of this before?

Commodore Perry is credited with winning the war of 1812. His fleet defeated the British fleet on Lake Erie. Where did you find it? In Ohio?

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found in a plowed field in southern Indiana. Harrison county.

Perry camped at Put In Bay on Lake Erie. There is a big memorial there. Its a huge tower, kind pf like the Washington monument. They are having a big bicentennial celebration there in Sept.

OP
OP
matrix master DBA

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Bryan. I'd like to know the story of how it ended up in the field. Will be going back.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is cool if it's a 100 year old memorial! Kind of like the ones the crank machines put out today. It would have been an old wheat too.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where exactly is Harrison County?

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perry camped at Put In Bay on Lake Erie. There is a big memorial there. Its a huge tower, kind pf like the Washington monument. They are having a big bicentennial celebration there in Sept.

Ah Put-in-Bay had a few fun times there. The monument is pretty cool, I'm sure the celebration in September will be a good time.

HH,

Pete

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a lot of first hand accounts and history books about the war of 1812 on Google books.
Sadly we could have seen the United states of Canada had American soldiers not pillaged Canadian villages (a violation of orders if I remember) early in the war.
It turned the Canadians against the United States and allied them with the British government which they were not very fond of.
Anyhow, very interesting read. Especially reading accounts from American and British historians as there is little agreement on battle outcomes.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are a lot of first hand accounts and history books about the war of 1812 on Google books.
Sadly we could have seen the United states of Canada had American soldiers not pillaged Canadian villages (a violation of orders if I remember) early in the war.
It turned the Canadians against the United States and allied them with the British government which they were not very fond of.
Anyhow, very interesting read. Especially reading accounts from American and British historians as there is little agreement on battle outcomes.

Interesting. I knew the original articles of Confederation had a clause for Canada to join the US.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread