wifes going to kill me!

bullshrink

Jan 14, 2012
western mass
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So my kids and I headed up to a detecting store about a hour away from my house yesterday. Walked in just to check it out. I looked at a whites v3i and a etrac. I am currently using a mxt and had no intention to upgrade though it was tempting. Then we start talking about the excal ii. After hanging out for about a hour and half and as the store was closing on a whim I grabbed it. They gave me a sand scoop and I told them I wanted a hat for both my kids and I. I cant wait to try it out on land. I know it heavy and made for water but does anyone use it on land? Any tips or advice would be great!
My wife who currently works and is back in school for her master's just gave me a look when I got home! Lol

Upvote 0

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
bullshrink

bullshrink

Jan 14, 2012
western mass
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well so far so good. I went out earlier this week to a local lake. I snorkled with it and founda gold wedding band. She was sitting on the beach with our kids when I came right out of the water holding it. Problem was I was in the water for about a hour so I just about gave myself hypothermia! So I bought a wet suit off of Amazon yesterday.....lol. I am holding out on the fact that I will find something that will justify the cost of this extension of detecting.
We sit down every other week and go over our budget. We have joint accounts so when she saw the cost of the minelab she just looked at me and said" I guees ill go out and get something for on of my hobbies". Problem is she has none....lol.

OP
OP
bullshrink

bullshrink

Jan 14, 2012
western mass
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Too funny. My wife has threatened to give me the checkbook, but she knows better because I am a little more free at spending than she is. I think she is afraid I would funnel money into a slush fund to buy myself new toys for hunting, fishing and metal detecting. :)
Lol my wife said the same. Problem is , yes I buy the expensive items once in a while.....I probably would save more if I had sole control of the money in my house.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well so far so good. I went out earlier this week to a local lake. I snorkled with it and founda gold wedding band. She was sitting on the beach with our kids when I came right out of the water holding it. Problem was I was in the water for about a hour so I just about gave myself hypothermia! So I bought a wet suit off of Amazon yesterday.....lol. I am holding out on the fact that I will find something that will justify the cost of this extension of detecting.
We sit down every other week and go over our budget. We have joint accounts so when she saw the cost of the minelab she just looked at me and said" I guees ill go out and get something for on of my hobbies". Problem is she has none....lol.

A couple times my wife said well you need to buy me some of that stuff that sparkles or give me some money so I can catch up to your spending for toys. I am not successful at buying gifts that she likes so we agreed that she would go to her favorite jewelry store and pick out several items she liked. Then I would go in and choose one of the items she had pre selected. It worked pretty good. She knew ahead of time it was a gift she would like, yet I picked out the actual gift and purchased it. Now when I talked her into letting me get a detector, I sold the idea on a sure bet of finding objects worth money that would pay for my MD quickly and provide a good return on investment. I did too good a selling job, and that has not happened so she is a little unhappy about me finding so much trash. I will have to start detecting where that will happen before I get in deep do do. LOL Hahahaha. It looks like I will most likely have to send her to the jewelry store again.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread