sad day

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree take a break, do not sell your detector. I have three kids myself and once in a while I do take them out hunting with me too. I have not had an issue yet, but if I did run into an ignorant child hater like this scum, I would have a few words for him/her. I would also take a few days off and use this confrontation as a learning experience for the child and yourself. By sitting down with her and educating explaining to your daughter that NO ONE ..will discourage her to do what she enjoys especially a and daughter outing. :icon_thumright: Life is short...Negatrons or negative people who do crap like this need to be stood up to and put in place..you did the right thing as that was your daughters desire and wish was to leave the confrontation..very wise, but don't give in and live your dream....

Last edited:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
congrats on your kids proper martial arts instruction "training' --the best way to "fight" is not to in the first place ! so long as you can safely walk away do so --however in some cases the idiots will not allow that option , when laid hands upon --or should I say when they attempt to lay hands upon your person --then things "change" and they need to learn why they should "respect" other people and not be rude or lay hands upon them.

twodiggers

Apr 12, 2013
eastern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you quit now you will be sending the message to your daughter that what you were doing was wrong and that man was right. Life is full of jerks, you can't let them dictate what you will do in life.

Tape on the speaker sounds like a good idea. My husband swings a Tessoro Lobo and hates wearing headphones...and the sound of that lobo drives me batty so I can understand why someone might take offense to the sounds our chosen hobby makes.

Good Luck and don't give up!

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't let that .... Win. Some people are just idiots who think their opinion is the only one that matters. Don't give up your hobby just because of him. Nobody should talk to a kid like that... It seems everyone else here has your back too. Keep hunting!

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you quit now you will be sending the message to your daughter that what you were doing was wrong and that man was right. Life is full of jerks, you can't let them dictate what you will do in life.

Tape on the speaker sounds like a good idea. My husband swings a Tessoro Lobo and hates wearing headphones...and the sound of that lobo drives me batty so I can understand why someone might take offense to the sounds our chosen hobby makes.

Good Luck and don't give up!

I have been putting my headphones around my neck and adjusting volume so I can hear the beeps without disturbing others, it works pretty good.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Fella or should I call you doormat? No Daddy? Raised by Mommy?

Really? They did the right thing, walk away. In the meantime, is it really nessesary to insult people here? Red

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
Really? They did the right thing, walk away. In the meantime, is it really nessesary to insult people here? Red

Don't agree about the right thing but you are right about insulting my apology. But, people who purposefully post something expecting to incite people have to accept the good with the bad!!! I am to a bully or whatever he said, but he'll if I will ever let some shlub speak to my child like that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Fella or should I call you doormat? No Daddy? Raised by Mommy?

Daryn do not insult members, please read our rules...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG, there are people here agreeing with the noise pollution?
I can't even leave my window open at night because of all the dogs barking. Go to any green space and all I hear is dogs.
The whole frickin' country is over run by dogs!
Can you go anywhere and not hear yo hommie's sub woofer vibrating the area?
Oh, and it's O.K. to rip your Harley down any residential street or even the country side?
How about the Asian cars with that annoying after market muffler that's loud and obnoxious?
How about at parks when someone is using some remote control plane or car that has a loud, high pitch noise to it?
Fireworks? Cell phones ringing? That little motor people put on bicycles?
I swear sometimes after reading posts here, it feels like we should shrink into a ball and hide so we can't upset anyone.
Noise pollution. Give me a break!
Pack it in if you wish but we need to realize that we have the same basic rights as everyone else.
You and your kid(s) will be missing out on the best hobby ever!
Cheers,
Dave.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all fairness to Daryn, there was an apology one post before yours.

Your correct, he must have posted after I went into reply mode on my phone, I got a call and completed call then finished my post by then he had already replied with apology....

Last edited:

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
I did apologize but Fella really should not "bait" people in posts with things like the comments in 3, 2, 1 etc... Living 15 minutes from Newtown CT where I worked for years and have many friends in and one of my coworkers lost his child that terrible day, we tend to be a little protective of our kids around here!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did apologize but Fella really should not "bait" people in posts with things like the comments in 3, 2, 1 etc... Living 15 minutes from Newtown CT where I worked for years and have many friends in and one of my coworkers lost his child that terrible day, we tend to be a little protective of our kids around here!

You are 100% correct, it should have been reported...

Comments like that violate our rules report them when they happen...

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
stand tall, stare in his eye and dont swing first, duck and hit hard and low. it is illegal to swing first, but not to defend yourself, or duck and call the cops. Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread