Just bought a F2 any tips

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got a F2 on eBay. Probably should've saved my money for a better upgrade since I'm using a 250 now. I figure I should try a different manufacturer to narrow my decision. Any tips on the F2 for a fisher noob ? The 250 has given me the most silver and overall success I've ever had with my BH IV. If anyone wants to donate a whites or minelab to test I will email you my address lol

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
searched.gif
Until someone pipes in - you might consider browsing Forum > Metal Detecting Forum > Brands > Fisher Research Labs.

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
F2 is a good detector for the money. I have found many coins with mine. Batteries seem to last forever. It has a pretty low learning curve it's a very simple detector to operate. Try out the small sniper coil on it you won't be disappointed. Also you may want to plant some coins for testing purposes to get an idea of the tones and numbers the machine will make when detecting them. Mine has surprised me a couple times with how deep it's found targets. Hit some of the same places you ran your 250 and see if the fisher finds anything you missed.

When I first found this forum I was wondering why many of the members have several detectors listed by their name. Then it occurred to me that at some point we all begin to wonder what our current machine has missed and start salivating over a new detector. I am in the process of getting a new machine myself for that reason. happy hunting with your F2!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
In my opinion the F2 is light years ahead of the ace 250...My sons is always amazing me.

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I first found this forum I was wondering why many of the members have several detectors listed by their name. Then it occurred to me that at some point we all begin to wonder what our current machine has missed and start salivating over a new detector. I am in the process of getting a new machine myself for that reason. happy hunting with your F2!

I hear that, I would love to try out the Fisher's and Minelab's in the same range as the 350 just for fun. I hear good things about Tesoro, but I really like the VDI's that the other machines offer. Good luck with your F2!

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just bought one as well, it comes in the mail tomorrow. Found this video and it was really helpful to me.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch the vids on youtube c there rips/tricks & read ur manual all our detectors r junk if we dont know how to use them.properly

Silver Slayer

Jun 19, 2010
CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, XS, Minelab Excalibur Sea search, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really lightweight machine, fast and accurate, battery life is long, Large TDI display for (old eyes) IT ROCKS!:headbang:

gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At us in the country of F2 equate to 250, but I consider that F2 more informatively. At first I had F2, but it quickly died. The firm where I bought F2 changed to me the detector with surcharge for F4. As a result, if you are allowed by money, buy to the detector biaksial the sensor as on f4 and you will be happy.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just got a F2 on eBay. Probably should've saved my money for a better upgrade since I'm using a 250 now. I figure I should try a different manufacturer to narrow my decision. Any tips on the F2 for a fisher noob ? The 250 has given me the most silver and overall success I've ever had with my BH IV. If anyone wants to donate a whites or minelab to test I will email you my address lol

The f2 is an awesome beginner machine. I loved mine, but it died, so after I returned it I went with the Garrett AT Pro. I still respect the f3 though, I had a great time with it. Take your time, its a very simple and good machine

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Agreed, when I had my F2 I was just about to buy one before it died...

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At us in the country of F2 equate to 250, but I consider that F2 more informatively. At first I had F2, but it quickly died. The firm where I bought F2 changed to me the detector with surcharge for F4. As a result, if you are allowed by money, buy to the detector biaksial the sensor as on f4 and you will be happy.

What?

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think he's saying he returned his f2 and got the f4, and is recommending they do the same because the f4 has ground balancing. That's what I got out of it... ;)

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Probably due to auto correct...It gets me all the time.

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

gabberbob

Oct 15, 2012
Ryazan City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you don't judge strictly my messages. I from Russia and my knowledge of English the weak. I am sorry if you don't understand my messages

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
you don't judge strictly my messages. I from Russia and my knowledge of English the weak. I am sorry if you don't understand my messages

It's all good!

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its ok gabber, I understood it! Your English isnt too bad :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread