American Digger show real?

OP
OP
davinci

davinci

Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was on the phone asking permission to detect a grassy lot in town yesterday. The older gal on the other end of the line seemed to think that it would involve half a dozen guys, a camera crew, and a backhoe destroying her property. I explained that there would be no digging, just using a small probe, no grass would be damaged, and I'd remove any garbage.

She would "get back with me" on my request. I'm not holding my breath.

Seriously why does Rick savage tell property owners "we excavate your land". That scares the shhhhht out of people. Lol they probably think dozers and backhoes. Not little probes n shovels. No wonder they say no.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously why does Rick savage tell property owners "we excavate your land". That scares the shhhhht out of people. Lol they probably think dozers and backhoes. Not little probes n shovels. No wonder they say no.

If you watch a few episodes, you will see that they do indeed use backhoes and excavators.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you watch a few episodes, you will see that they do indeed use backhoes and excavators.

Yeah and ground penetrating radar which I think is just a junk contraption they threw together with a print out of an impressive looking computer screen shot. It's just soooooooooooo pathetic.

Last edited:

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd rather watch an old Clint Eastwood, or John Wayne movie!

Birky

Apr 19, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want to see a real shocking disclaimer? Look for the "Western Sky" loan commercials if they air in your area. We were laughing at it one day so I backed up the DVR and paused on the small print. Pulled out a calculator to figure up the total payments. It's shocking to say the least.

Haha..the first time I saw that commercial I didn't know whether to laugh or vomit..now I just shake my head in disbelief.

As for the "American Diggers" show, it is a total fabrication and seemingly counterproductive to our great hobby.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:censored: Hate this show and Rick Savage is a big jerk. I love it when the people tell him to get the :censored: off their property. Gives us real metal detectors a black eye when we ask for permission to hunt properties. I also love that I have the off button option not to watch it after I saw the first show.

You & me Both. I refuse to watch and Describe even one event on that Farce .

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You want to see a real shocking disclaimer? Look for the "Western Sky" loan commercials if they air in your area. We were laughing at it one day so I backed up the DVR and paused on the small print. Pulled out a calculator to figure up the total payments. It's shocking to say the least.

Western Sky Financial, LLC, is a Native American-owned business operating within the boundaries of the Cheyenne River Sioux Reservation, a sovereign nation located within the United States of America. Western Sky offers personal loans of up to $10,000. Personal loans that are not secured by personal property or collateral like a home or car. You can have your loan proceeds wired to your bank account in one business day after you provide all required documentation and pending credit approval.

The interest rate on a typical loan of $2,600 is 135% with an APR of approximately 139%. Borrowers may prepay their loans at any time without penalty. There are no upfront fees. If you are approved and your loan is funded, we will collect a $75 loan origination fee from the proceeds of the loan.

if you borrow $10,000 you need to make 84 payments of $743.49

that's $62,453.16

http://www.westernsky.com/General/Rates.aspx

I guess because they are indian, loan sharking is legal :(

Last edited:

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
Is most of it phony? Probably. I just watch it as entertainment. It doesn't anger me. Relax, its just TV! Geez... As for it hurting the hobby... when I started up again recently, my idea of a person with a metal detector was a weird older dude with mismatched shirt and shorts and some black socks sifting through trash on the beach - keep the kids away from him - he's a weirdo! I'm pretty sure they don't bring down the hobby too many notches from where it started. Just my 2 cents.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An old dude? Someone call me??

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

OP
OP
davinci

davinci

Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know if Rick Savage is going to do a second season? I haven't heard anything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions