Are GPRs dangeruous?

GeekNJ

Mar 10, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & MI-6, Bounty Hunter Land Ranger & Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPR = Global Positioning Receiver or GPS? If so, and basic GPS doesn't transmit but does contain electronics that should be safe. More advanced GPS units can transmit such as those with bluetooth or even cellular capabilites but again should be safe electronics.

David

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPS = Global Positioning Receiver or GPS? If so, and basic GPS doesn't transmit but does contain electronics that should be safe. More advanced GPS units can transmit such as those with bluetooth or even cellular capabilites but again should be safe electronics.

David

He asked about GPR's. Ground Penetrating Radar.

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All that stuff is safe if you wear a tin foil hat.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main danger is every knucklehead you know will want to borrow it! :BangHead:

OP
OP
davinci

davinci

Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPR = Global Positioning Receiver or GPS? If so, and basic GPS doesn't transmit but does contain electronics that should be safe. More advanced GPS units can transmit such as those with bluetooth or even cellular capabilites but again should be safe electronics.

David

GPR that thing guys wheel around to find deep objects in he ground and it works through concrete.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are gpr's dangerous? What I mean by the is radiation?

I was researching gpr's on Internet and noted that they involve microwaves. Makes me wonder also but I did not see anything about safety. Some of us have a pacemaker and that would be an important question for me before I would expose myself to a gpr.

OP
OP
davinci

davinci

Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was researching gpr's on Internet and noted that they involve microwaves. Makes me wonder also but I did not see anything about safety. Some of us have a pacemaker and that would be an important question for me before I would expose myself to a gpr.

I agree. You see the GPR could cover a lot it ground work just pushing it around like a mower. But safety is a concern. People over look this thing and I think it's a valid question before I invest in one.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very valid question, your research is worthwhile and if you get one hopefully all your body hair or any flesh parts will not fall off.
Best of luck with your quest for knowledge! This is sort of like Mercury, the liquid metal. People did not know anything about it, it was used in many places and Mercury IS the reason we have the saying "Mad as a Hatter". Hatters used mercury to shape hats and it caused them to go insane................................63bkpkr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions