Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A friend shared this website with me so I thought I would pass it on to my fellow Tnet'ers. It is Defunct Amusement Parks Home Page. Without looking, I believe it covers the USA, so sorry my Canadian and European friends. When you go to the site, click on parks index, your state and then the county you want to search. It lists amusement parks that are no longer in operation and some history and the locations. Just another helpful bit of info for us "hungry" hobbyists.:metaldetector:

Upvote 0

FreeMindStuck

Jan 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend shared this website with me so I thought I would pass it on to my fellow Tnet'ers. It is Defunct Amusement Parks Home Page. Without looking, I believe it covers the USA, so sorry my Canadian and European friends. When you go to the site, click on parks index, your state and then the county you want to search. It lists amusement parks that are no longer in operation and some history and the locations. Just another helpful bit of info for us "hungry" hobbyists.:metaldetector:

Very cool site! Thanks for the post.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks really like those old town spots

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome site !! Who'd of thunk there would even be such a site. Thanks for adding the link !

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Those old defunct parks are the worst places to find coins. The cream was taken off more than thirty years ago and nowadays the stragglers are few and far between.

Tim NEPA

Feb 1, 2012
West Pittston, pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those old defunct parks are the worst places to find coins. The cream was taken off more than thirty years ago and nowadays the stragglers are few and far between.

I have to agree. Went to one from the early 1900's. 3 hrs of hunting and one coin. Still was my oldest yet. 1883 indian head penny. Not worth all the work of getting there and swinging for 3 hrs in my opinion.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have to agree. Went to one from the early 1900's. 3 hrs of hunting and one coin. Still was my oldest yet. 1883 indian head penny. Not worth all the work of getting there and swinging for 3 hrs in my opinion.

That's where we differ. I will spend 3 hours to get my oldest coin or something I have been looking for like a unique token. I am not in this to get rich. It's the entertainment factor.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Tim NEPA

Feb 1, 2012
West Pittston, pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not in this to get rich at all. Some of my favorite finds are worthless money wise but priceless to me. I would just rather go somewhere that I will find more and get that rush when I get a nice high tone now and then. One good tone and 50 beer cans just gets too frustrating to me. We all enjoy deferent aspects of MDing I guess. Like the fact that I love to go fishing even though I must be horrible at it since I haven't gotten a single fish in 3 yrs...still love sitting by the river though.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good point. That's why I tell my fishing buddies they'd probably like md'ing. You never know what you're going to get. That is what keeps us coming back.

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread