BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cargo shorts. One side for goodies one for trash.

DangerDude

Apr 6, 2013
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, BH IV, Fisher F2 and Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm having the same grass stain issue, thought about sewing some kneepad a to a pair. Harbor freight sells a pair of soft foam ones for about $5. Been wearing shorts now that its getting warmer though.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Only thing I'd say is this....you can never have too many pockets. Army/Navy stores can help with this and if you get the old comfortable fatigues ( cotton ) those grass stains might not be so noticeable, lol.

Davo

Dec 20, 2012
South Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab X-terra 30
Garrett ADS III
Whites Coinmaster 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a pair of Fiskars knee pads at WallyWorld. I only use one; a pair will last twice as long.

Last edited:

sceptre

Greenie
May 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new to the hobby but I will tell you that today I stopped at the local fly fishing store and picked up a lightweight Simms wide brim floppy hat. It won't help you with grass stains but a little shade is always nice. I have a couple pairs of the berkley fishing cargo pants that zip off the legs at the knee. Nice and lightweight, full of pockets, and wicking material.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I'm by myself in heavy woods relicing I wear snake boots and breathable clothing. I'm in south GA though. Never can be to careful when by yourself. Most importantly stay hydrated!

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Tim NEPA

Feb 1, 2012
West Pittston, pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a production machinery mechanic. I wear my work pants. The stains are the uniform companies problem...lol

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any loose fitting pants to make kneeling easy. Knee pad/pads can be quite helpful - were I to use them I would velcro them to the pants.......................63bkpkr

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find knee pads slip around too much unless they are tight enough to hurt my knees

OP
OP
RotZorn

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did some digging around in the closet and attic looking for a set of PCS pro series pants I had from my paintball days!

They'd be perfect, they wouldn't stain had lots of pockets and were mesh/ breathable in areas. But I can't find them anywhere!

May order a new pair, heck the old ones probably wouldn't fit me anymore by now!?! Lol

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did some digging around in the closet and attic looking for a set of PCS pro series pants I had from my paintball days!

They'd be perfect, they wouldn't stain had lots of pockets and were mesh/ breathable in areas. But I can't find them anywhere!

May order a new pair, heck the old ones probably wouldn't fit me anymore by now!?! Lol

Good idea. I still have a tippman Paintball gun but do only airsoft with my grandson these days. My 65 year old skin can't handle paintball bruises anymore since I am on blood thinner for afib. I have to wear a vest to protect my pacemaker too. It is harder to keep up with the young bucks these days, but I don't do too bad and can still play all day at airsoft battles. Getting old sure ain't for sissies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread