SECRETS FOR BEGINNERS

Sergei Upstate

Greenie
Apr 29, 2005
Albany, USA
Hi to All!
As all treasure hunters in Northern territories would agree, winter is the best time for research and preparation for the next season. On daily basis, I receive many questions from newbies who visit my website. To answer all frequently asked questions, I've created a new page, Secrets for Beginners (find a link below). The page includes tips on how to buy a metal detector, basic map research, places to search, and metal detecting techniques.
Whether you are new to metal detecting or an experienced treasure hunter, you may find information on my page interesting and useful. Please check it out! If you wish to share your own secrets on research and metal detecting, please feel free to submit them - everyone will benefit from that!
This 19th century lithograph shows a small town built around a paper mill. Inside the "bubble," there is a picture of the house that was depicted on a lithograph, and is still standing now - a potentially good metal detecting site. This is just an example of using old lithographs, postcards and pictures for research.
Happy Hunting!
Sergei from Upstate

http://metaldetectingworld.com/secrets_for_beginners.shtml

Attachments

• lithograph.jpg
    lithograph.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 597
Upvote 0

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Sergei ! That's a VERY nice link! I surfed around it for about 30 minutes :D, it's in my favorites now - I'm sure I'll go through it thoroughly - very, very nice job and great tips / information.

Welcome to Treasure Net, it's obvious that you have a wealth of information to share and I'm looking forward to your future posts.

Thanks for the link....

HH/Tim

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I enjoyed the link too. It's something all should read not just newbies.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great link there man, Looks great. ;)

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
Welcome aboard Sergei Upstate, to the TNet Forum where all the kool TH'ers hang. ;D Tha't an awesome looking website you've built there buddyman! Everyone that's been in here so far, has been genuinely inspired enough by your site, to let you know in these threads. :) I've bookmarked your link in my Favorite Treasure Sites folder, so I can get back there soon and do some more exploring. 8) What I've seen so far though buddy, has been very impressive. ;) Pssst, ya know something new guy? It's a little known fact, that I too, have built a website or three in this past decade. I try'n keep it a little low-key though ;D Yup, so anyway, I know first hand that it's tons of work to get things the way you like them and to work properly, and to look good, and be efficient. Then after all that, it's even way more work, to get people to be able to find your spot. ;) Congrats on making it easier on us, by sharing the link right here.

So, as I said already but it's well worth repeating, :) You have a marvelous Treasure website and can be and should be VERY proud of what you've done, by making it interesting, for Anyone!

Most definately looking forward to any and all of your future posts Sergei! :)

Lb

Elvis

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Lafayette, Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Nokta Simplex+
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool link, nice WWII finds.

Bob Z.

Oct 29, 2005
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
MXT, GROUNDHOG ,MAASTERHUNTER 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fantastic got some great ideas. thank you.Bob

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Night Stalker said:
Wow Sergei ! That's a VERY nice link! I surfed around it for about 30 minutes :D, it's in my favorites now - I'm sure I'll go through it thoroughly - very, very nice job and great tips / information.

Welcome to Treasure Net, it's obvious that you have a wealth of information to share and I'm looking forward to your future posts.

Thanks for the link....

HH/Tim

Ditto.....Thanks alot Sergei. Well done.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!!! What a site, loads of info, and very interesting stories.
I have only scratched the surface and I'm sure it would take me many hours, days, weeks, maybe even years, to look at it all... You have completed, and surpassed most all the goals I have had for my small site...

I will probably contact you in the future to possibly do a link exchange. For the time being my site is hosted free by geocities and after seeing some of the info you have provided, that may change. As for now, if you don't mind, I would like to add your site to my very small links page. If so, Do you have any banners for your site?. I like using banners... Makes my site look better... ;D

Oh ya, Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to seeing more of your post...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread