Metal Detectors for Beginners - Whites 5900 DI & 5900/DI Pro SI

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very old thread lol - created 9 yrs ago, then commented on again 4 yrs ago, and then yesterday.

So What, There is a lot of good info hidden in some of these old threads and Only those with an interest in the topic Need reply, and anything else is just Can Slaw.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point is you made an effort to convince someone that the posts are informative. That person you're trying to persuade posted his remarks 4 years ago. A topic can be enlightening, with good info. Doesn't mean it merits a response. For instance, your comment to the previous post from 4 years earlier serves no purpose.

TrashureSeeker

Jan 11, 2016
Germany
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think this is my favourite thread on here, a double resurrection is something more rare than two rings in one scoop.

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
TDI SL 12"DF+7.5"DF, GMT, MXT All Pro, Whites ProStar Phones, Whites Bullseye II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point is you made an effort to convince someone that the posts are informative. That person you're trying to persuade posted his remarks 4 years ago. A topic can be enlightening, with good info. Doesn't mean it merits a response. For instance, your comment to the previous post from 4 years earlier serves no purpose.

Well that is my Choice, and it is between me and interested parties, If people don't like it don't read it, I don't need your permission to ask a question and I have no intension of asking for it either,

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both Detectors are good but out dated, I would go with a new Detector with warranty and new technology
Have any Questions give me a call
dennis
MetalDetectors.com: Beach / Water Metal Detectors

Yeah I love the newer Whites machines but I picked up one of the 5900 Di Pro Plus "Blue Box" models that was bought new and stored in their loft and it is in show room condition in the original box complete with the Manual,

It seems a lot more powerful compared to the new machines but it needs a fast sweep speed to get a good ID typical of machines of that era, I phoned Whites and they told me that it was made in July 1989,

J

Gold Itch

Dec 31, 2014
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is my favourite thread on here, a double resurrection is something more rare than two rings in one scoop.

Strike 3, lol me too I agree, there are still plenty of these old machines knocking around.

Bugalooob

Aug 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 6000 di pro in the 80's, a fine machine but it didn't work on salt water beaches...it went crazy...in parks it was a killer but it wasn't big on depth

pinpointer999

Aug 22, 2015
Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd.
Fisher CZ21
Fisher CZ6a
Makro CF77
Minelab Musketeer XS
Whites DFX
Whites MX5
Whites IDX Pro (Mr. Bill mod.)
White's 5900/di Pro Plus (Keith Southern mod)
White's 6000/di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a 5900 do pro plus, and it's every bit as good as my F75 Ltd in every sense.
It sounds off better on good targets and does not go crazy in hi EMI situations. I found
a small 10k ring with it within a week of getting it. I have never in 3 seasons been able
to dig gold with the F75 Ltd. The 5900 is one of my favorites of the 7 machines I use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread