Arghhhh bottle caps and a discrimination question?

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was originally gonna buy an Ace 250 or 350 but the more research I did had me leaning toward buying something with ground balance. I almost ordered up an ATP, but was really drawn to the F5 because it had VDI, ground balance and knobs- I know, I know, we live in a digital age, but lets face it..... analog just does some stuff better- even though the F5 is technically a digital MD it's cool to have pots using analog to fine tune and manipulate the sensitivity with!

So far I love the F5, it has a learning curve but I'm getting pretty used to it now. I can make it do what I want for the most part, but still need a little practice at pinpointing with it. Check it out in person before you buy it though- might not be the right thing for but you never know!

It's $549 with the DD.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yeah I saw it too, but any idiot can post a video, or a comment ( like me!!!). That video is proof of nothing to me, after all I didn't actually SEE that guy dig anything? Actually having the F5 in my hand I feel very confident with it at this point, having used it for a good 3 months now.

Have I dug a few caps? Sure, but everyone does in the beginning. Maybe the guy in the video should have spent more time learning it, or not, I don't care.

But I'm not going to say "the F5 is best" or this or that sucks, and give my detector some push- he just ask for recommendations on a good detector for at or under $600. All I'm saying is I'm happy with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions