woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
You've got a good machine that's working properly, but you're demoing it wrong and also your expectations are not informed by knowledge and experience. I recommend contacting someone in your local GPAA affiliated club who knows how to use a metal detector and have them give you a bit of instruction on it. The other thing I recommend is my book "Gold Prospecting with a VLF Metal Detector", available as a free download on both the Fisher Research Lab and Teknetics websites but some dealers also carry paper copies for something like $6 or so.

Wishing you the best,

--Dave J.

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
The GMTs auto ground balance will balance out a non moving target (It, and most other VLF gold detectors, are motion detectors). I use one for gold hunting in Colorado - The GMT works quite welll, but you have to learn how to use it. I agree with Dave J (woof) - find someone who hunts for gold with a VLF detector (Gold Bug II, GMT, Tesoro Lobo ST, MXT, Gold Bug Pro, etc) and go out detecting with them. Gold hunting is the most difficult metal detecting that I have ever done (I started detecting in 1989). The GMT has done me well, but it took a long time to learn what it was trying to tell me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread