Morning or evening!

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have always been a morning person, so when it comes to MDing its the same.5;10 and the birds are singing and I will be swinging before 6. Headed back to one of the oldest(late 1800') and largest parks in our town. Had good luck my first time there Monday, so I'm off, pics later. When is your favorite time to go, morning or evening................................I know, anytime, right? HH

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
In the summer, I prefer to go in the evening when it is cooling off cooper1841.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have to say morning as there is usually less people traffic then. You know what they say " The Early Detector Gets The Treasure " .

Last edited:

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning so I dnt have to deal with annoying people.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mornings. If I'm land hunting, I want it as cool as possible, 50s are best, so I'm out at dawn. In the summer, I'm at the lake by 6:00 am when the park opens. Warm water, sunrise, birds singing, and maybe a bit of treasure in my scoop and its as close to heaven as it gets.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is 11;30 just got home in time for lunch!:hello2: Hunted 5 hrs, got quite a haul, including my second ring:laughing7: yee haww time for sorting, cleaning, and pics:icon_thumleft:

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning. Aside from the other benifits is the dew in the grass. If you are gridding, you can use it to track your progress.
Along with your footprints, as you swing the coil it wipes the dew making your previous path visible.
Of course it only works till the sun evaporates the dew, but you can get a couple hours in.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
100_6587.JPG 100_6588.JPG Here is the pics I promised. I think the early bird gets the coin:laughing7: Oh and the ring, Mexico .925:icon_thumleft: I was home before noon
I have always been a morning person, so when it comes to MDing its the same.5;10 and the birds are singing and I will be swinging before 6. Headed back to one of the oldest(late 1800') and largest parks in our town. Had good luck my first time there Monday, so I'm off, pics later. When is your favorite time to go, morning or evening................................I know, anytime, right? HH

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a fun morning. Congrats on the silver!

Pete

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although I currently work day shift, I worked 20+ years on night shift and have always been a night owl. I usually go detecting in the late evening and into the night, sometimes I have even been out from just before sunset until sunrise the next morning. I like this time of day for detecting since it's cooler in the summer and there are less people around to bother you. Kinda sucks in the winter though, since nighttime is when it's colder out!!

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is 11;30 just got home in time for lunch!:hello2: Hunted 5 hrs, got quite a haul, including my second ring:laughing7: yee haww time for sorting, cleaning, and pics:icon_thumleft:

Sounds like you had a productive hunt. Congrats!

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my favorite time to hunt is in the evening. I usually stay out til after dark and use a miner's light to see what I'm digging. Last week I hunted during the day two days straight and the hot sun/sweat pouring out of me definitely took some fun out of it.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL Don't have that problem here in Mich. I hunted with a hooded sweatshirt on today June 7th!!! high temp. 58 degrees:BangHead:
my favorite time to hunt is in the evening. I usually stay out til after dark and use a miner's light to see what I'm digging. Last week I hunted during the day two days straight and the hot sun/sweat pouring out of me definitely took some fun out of it.

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thinking right now, it has rained for more than 24 hours. I watered my grass last week just to hunt, with success. The rain is headed out and so am I, with a sweatshirt.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I try to go in the morning found out the parks get watered early in the morning so makes easy to dig

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll just say this, if I have to get up near daybreak, it's going to be to try to shoot an animal. Defiantly like the evening more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread