Howdy. Its been a while. Who wants to play a little game?

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy. It's been a while. Who wants to play a little game?

Howdy, T-Netters!
Been a while. Too long, in fact. I’ve been mostly dormant over the last two or three years. Got out only twice last year.
But I went out detecting the other day, and had fun. Thought I’d share some of that fun, with a little game.
My outing the other day was not a long one. I was selective, and dug up exactly ten targets.
(And videotaped all the action with my sweet little new headmounted "LordM-Cam™”
These finds will be assigned target numbers (1 through 10, in the order they were found).
I will allow ten players into the game; one for each target.
To get in, you’ll need to be the first to answer a (simple) trivia question (Googling the answers is OK, if you must.)
Once all ten targets have been assigned to players, I will show the video and we’ll see how it came out.
If your preselected target turned to have been a "keeper" for me, I will keep that item but you will get a $5 PayPal gift from me. (In other words, you’ll get paid to watch the movie!)
If your preselected target is a piece of junk or something I do NOT consider a keeper, then YOU may keep it (assuming you even want it, and are willing to pay the shipping on it). Of course a lot of my non-keepers are stuff like screwcaps, nails, rusty-crusties, or modern coins. Hardly worth the cost of shipping. But at the very least, you’ll have the entertainment of watching me dig up your particular piece of junk. Haha.

So, in summary, everybody gets a movie to watch, and anywhere from one to ten people are also going to be paid to watch it. Sound like fun?

Here are our target assignments:
1. BryanM362
2. garren
3. daemon1971
4. diggummup
5. jfeeney
6. Uncle Jeff
7. finderskeepers
8. Goodlord327
9. Jay In NewKen
10. Cougar729

UPDATE- the game is done now, but here is the video. Hope you'll enjoy it.
If the game and video were popular enough, we can do this again sometime.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, Goodlord327, you are correct, the coins are "Wheaties" and more specifically, the plant is wheat.

But you already have a slot in the game. Only one slot per player, please. Give somebody else a chance.

No worries. I'll just come up with another question for Target #9. (Please do not answer if you've already got a slot. Sorry. Forgot to specify that.)

Alternate Question #9:

The word I am thinking of has at least three possible usages. One has to do with electrical devices. The other has to do with advertising testimonials. The third context, as it relates to metal detecting, is a word for the chunk of sod that is often temporarily displaced when a detectorist digs up a target. (It is called a "divot" in some other contexts, like maybe golf, I guess, though I am not a golfer.)

What word am I thinking of?

Last edited:

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GoodLord, Goodlord now we gotta wait even longer for the movie! I was gonna share my popcorn

Last edited:
OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jay In NewKen got target #9!

And so now for the final target assignment before showtime!

Question #10:

Who was the designer of the 1892-1916 US dimes, quarters, and half dollars which bear his name?

(First and last name and official title, please.)

Last edited:

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just won a slot in the game, Unca' Jeff. Don't get too excited yet. Target #6 could have been a pulltab! :laughing7:

Oh I am sure it will be a pull tab that is my luck, but this is fun anyways :)

OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charles E. Barber- Chief Mint Engraver

DingDingDing! There's Player #10! Cougar729 got it!

So that's a wrap! All targets in the game are now assigned!

This means it's nearly movietime! Grab your popcorn! Get your easy chair and your beverage of choice ready!

:coffee2:

(I'll have some iced tea, please, but not fully "Southern Style" syrupy. I'll take it Southern Style, but without the extra sugar...or bourbon).

Thanks for expressing an interest.

So... from one to ten of you have now have a chance to win five bucks, just for watching a movie, if your finds turn out to have been "keepers".

(I will later send a PM to those folks so as to not spoil the movie for those who haven't watched it yet.)

Everybody else who is a player in the game but didn't get a "keeper" will get to have their actual target. IF they even want it, and it's worth the cost of shipping to them. Most of the time it won't be, since we'll be showing everything I found- trash and all. But I only dug coin-like signals that day, so nobody is gonna win a pulltab, at least.

And those who didn't get a game slot can still enjoy the movie, hopefully.

This was only my second full length dig movie, so I am still struggling with software and working my way up the learning curve.

A few people who have already seen it said they had a little difficulty with the audio levels. Sorry if you experience that. I lack speakers on my home PC so I use headphones here. I'll bear that in mind next time.

A couple of people seemed to like the music, which my stepfather created.

And nobody complained about the movie's length, which at nearly 24 minutes is way longer than what I had originally intended. But I tried to keep it entertaining.

I'll now update the player roster at the top and will post the movie shortly. Stay tuned!

Last edited:
OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... is there a way to embed YouTube videos here, or do I need to post a link?

(LordM fumbles around helplessly)

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you click on the second to last Icon (looks like a movie film strip with two frames of a movie) above the quick reply box it will ask you to insert your URL link to the video ( or your utube link)

OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you click on the second to last Icon (looks like a movie film strip with two frames of a movie) above the quick reply box it will ask you to insert your URL link to the video ( or your utube link)
Sweet, thanks. I'll try that.

Testing...1...2...3...

(hang on a sec)

OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Testing... 4... 5... 6...

Gotta do the teaser trailer first. *chuckle*

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hahahaaha .. nice teaser er trailer there :) Was that number 6 LOL /em presses the F5 key over and over ... grrrr

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD Sunray FX1 Probe Minelab X Terra 705 Garrett pro-pointer Whites Prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What detector is that?

OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aw, crap. The forums did it to me again. I had posted the original movie before I posted that last reply to Goodlord, and it vanished on me! Grrr...:BangHead:

OP
OP
lordmarcovan

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Haha. Love it.

OK, if this post doesn't vanish after I thought I posted it, here, finally, without further ado, is the full movie.

I was just waiting for one or two of y'all to squawk with suspense over the teaser. Both it and the movie have been on YouTube for a few days, actually, and I already played this game over on the Collectors Universe (PCGS) forums where I hang out with the coin geeks.

But it would be cruel to keep y'all dangling any further, since I've already strung this out for all it's worth.

So here you go! Enjoy, and please let me know what you think!

Of course the finds could have been a little better. But there's always room to say that, isn't there?

All things considered, I was quite pleased with the hunt, particularly as I only dug ten targets, and the weather was fine.

Might go out again this weekend. If the finds were good enough, I might do another "Virtual Treasure Hunt", if you liked this one, or if only one or two goodies get found, I'll go with a shorter and simpler movie ("I'll probably call these "Dirty Movies", since they will involve dirt, and are "quick n' dirty" as far as editing. But they'll be kid-friendly Dirty Movies and rated G, despite the title.)

Jim of PA

Sep 23, 2012
SW Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread