questions on vídeos online

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive notice alot latley that it seems like more then 90% of the vídeos online for metal detecting are just of finds & only good finds y?
Id like to c more live dog vídeos of people actually using there metal detectors not just good find pause till next good find . Id like just a normal day out the whole day What dectecting really is & not all the editing. I just wanted to see if anyone else notices that there are very few just live digs & alot of just only good finds

Upvote 0

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Get yourself a camera christo and send it up to YouTube. I myself have seen too many pull tabs and junk dug first hand so I don't think I will be subscribing. ;)

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get yourself a camera christo and send it up to YouTube. I myself have seen too many pull tabs and junk dug first hand so I don't think I will be subscribing. ;)

I got a gopro being mailed in as we speak i never have done any vídeos for anything bfor but y not illl try & when I do its just gonna b exactly how the hunt went like u (the people) were there at the hunt with me

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Many models over the years, mostly Garretts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear you, and when I reveal the video at the end of my little game here, you'll get a video of ten targets in a row, exactly as I found them. Goodies, trash, and all.

Granted, I was using "Coins" mode discrimination that particular day, as I was coinshooting rather than relic hunting. So I was only digging coinlike signals. But I think you'll get the full virtual experience from my video.

Of course I will not announce the video until all the players in the game are picked. Ten people will get to preselect targets. Could be treasure, could be trash. They won't know until the video is posted.

If the target they got in the virtual game was a "keeper" for me, they'll win a prize (and I'll keep the find).

Everybody else can claim the actual item I found (for the cost of shipping), but they might not want it.

So try and get a slot in the game.

Worst case scenario is, you'll get to watch a movie just like you've been asking for.

And in the best case scenario, you'll get to watch the movie AND get paid to watch it.

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id like just a normal day out the whole day What dectecting really is & not all the editing.
Lots of editing is necessary, for time constraints. Ever tried uploading a whole day's worth of video? Or sitting through four hours of junk signals? It's painful enough to do it, let alone watch somebody else do it. That's why a lot of folks cut to the chase and just post the goodies.

My upcoming ten-target video is 24 minutes long, after a good bit of editing! And it took forever just to save on my computer, so you can imagine how long something like that might take to upload from my crappy satellite connection.

But I hear ya, and I've tried to inject just the right dosage of reality (and junker-clunker targets) into my video. You'll see all ten in a row... the trash with the cash.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly its not thst I dont like the vids or editing I do understand it its just when or if say I out in metal detecting done ok 90% of them all just show a plug & the goodie once in a while u can hear a detector but the ones id like to watch would be goin out & I see u using ur detector swinging it mayb seeing the screen then the final dig ya know thats how im gonna do it or try to. If that makes any sence lol

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, here is my video. (The little game I had posted to go along with it has now finished.)

In my "Virtual Treasure Hunt" videos, I show a selected number of targets (ten in this case, twenty in the last video). You'll see everything I found, in the order I found it; junk and all.

Naturally some editing was necessary because it just isn't feasible to show all of a 4-5 hour hunt in real time on video. But I included snippets of me pinpointing, digging, etc. I did my best to convey the whole experience. I probably should have still edited some more for length, as the whole thing came in at just under 24 minutes, which is a bit long for ten targets. That made it a real chore to upload on my stinky satellite connection at home. It took a good while just to save onto the hard drive of my computer, actually. My future movies will likely be shorter, but I'll try to keep the "everyday realism" aspect in.

[video=youtube;9qPXJn1DIFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9qPXJn1DIFM[/video]

Last edited:
OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, here is my video. (The little game I had posted to go along with it has now finished.)

In my "Virtual Treasure Hunt" videos, I show a selected number of targets (ten in this case, twenty in the last video). You'll see everything I found, in the order I found it; junk and all.

Naturally some editing was necessary because it just isn't feasible to show all of a 4-5 hour hunt in real time on video. But I included snippets of me pinpointing, digging, etc. I did my best to convey the whole experience. I probably should have still edited some more for length, as the whole thing came in at just under 24 minutes, which is a bit long for ten targets. That made it a real chore to upload on my stinky satellite connection at home. It took a good while just to save onto the hard drive of my computer, actually. My future movies will likely be shorter, but I'll try to keep the "everyday realism" aspect in.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9qPXJn1DIFM

And those r exactly the online vids I was looking for a straight up day where the veiwers c the detector sounding off,swinging,& u actually digging A target. Not the only thing but good target pause till next hole is dug already etc I had to watch a couple vids through my phone cuz something is wrong with my Internet connection but when I get it back up I will be Subscribing to ur channel. Im in the process of basically doin the same thing got the channel but havent made any vids yet do to my camera is still being mailed, so if u c newenglandtreasure thats me HH

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
im not sure u actually got what i was saying im not saying film all the trash nor a, i saying film all the good what i was tring to say was id like to c more detectors swinging then just hey heres hole 1 already found dug all of it done, to me that doesn t seem like a detecting vid thats just his or her findz and when the time comes and i do start the videos well if u would not like to subscribe then thats fine i want to show real life detecting and not like the savage diggers nor the diggers show they to only show the finds only good period no junk and no one seems to like those so is what it is itll be ur choice

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
ChristoOOO, you're right: a lot of the videos made are kind of like the "bass fishing" channel on TV. Where it seems that "every cast has a bass that bites" (because everything else is edited out). I mean, sure, that makes sense for entertainment purposes. But I think what you're trying to say is, it doesn't lend itself to how those targets sounded, and the type sites a person is hunting, to begin with. A lot of the struggle to master some type sites is tied up in very particular "audio" that is key-to-the-game. Particularly turf, where often-time super deep signals are what needs to be separated and differentiated from surface un-wanted targets. Thus what good does it do to have a video of the plug already open, staring down at the rim of the coin already sticking out of the clod? And an audio signal might changed when the plug has been opened up. And it also doesn't show the viewer the myriad of other signals he might have been sleuthing through.

So sometimes my buddies and I, when we go to do "deep turf" type detecting, have been known to flag a good suspected deep signal WITHOUT digging it up. And the guy who films it captures the audio of the un-disturbed spot on the ground, and other random signals in the immediate area. Then we all guess what it may be ("deep silver" or "a nail false" and so forth). Then open her up and see what it is. Naturally sometimes it's going to be a deep clad dime or nail false that fools us. Other times though, you get to see the "before, during, and after of the complete audio, analysis, then dig, then show. As opposed to most videos where the targets already out of the ground, as you say.

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly What I was trying to say. I just want real we cant get real on tv so y not show even those guys on tv how it really is alot complain oh that was planted there or how do we know they actually dug & found that & then we r upset about it & in the mean time thats 90% of the vids on line same as the shows no one likes. I get it though its entertainment but either like it or not & if not dont make a vid the same way & post just the good finds nothing else no digging no signals not even the detector sometimes I never even c one in the video lol. But anyways u explained it perfectly thanks

lordmarcovan

Jan 3, 2006
Golden Isles Of Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another one for ya.

A short hunt from Sunday morning.

Not every target I dug, like my "Virtual Treasure Hunt" episodes, but plenty of junk! Haha.

The rest of Sunday morning's digs will be in Dirty Movie #04, which I'm still working on. That episode will be more a short history tour than "digspedition", since it was relatively brief. Sunday's finds didn't amount to much, but I got some fun video anyway. Monday, while only a modest success, was better. That will be either in a longish movie by itself (#5) or split into two episodes (#5 & #6). I might not get around to finishing Monday's movie(s) for a little while, since I'm due back to work tomorrow.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't see it often because it cuts out WAY too much time of actually detecting. It means when you get a good signal, you have to stop, get out the camera, get it set up, film it. watch the clip to make sure you got what you wanted, then set up a tripod to film the dig only to dig up a piece of junk. Now, put everything away and start actually detecting again. Do that a dozen times and you'll probably never want to mess with making videos again.

I understand what you are saying, and I enjoy seeing the "full dig" too, but as a video maker I will tell you that it SUCKS.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
id love to doo live vids - but places I hit - I can go 5 - 10 mins. between finds
most people would skip ahead each time it was dry or just give up watching
I know I do with others
I have watched a few and they never got anything good the whole video

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...on a side note - I have had more than a few awesome hunts where I wish I had brought the video cam with me

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think.its more of show me at least a detector swinging or What its sounfing off like instead of never even see in a detector or hear one all we get to c is a whole already dug & them holding a good find now correct me if im wrong but isnt that y most people hate the tv shows & say oh i didnt even see him dig that how do we know its not planted there ya know all im saying if ur doin reality then do it make me beleive u found it & not just bs in me cuz I dont know if it was in the ground. I understand the time in between & not all wanna c junk I dont but mayb show something real we all get those oh wow nice hit ur happy u dig it damb its can slaw idk mayb im wrong I just dont know

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I think.its more of show me at least a detector swinging or What its sounfing off like instead of never even see in a detector or hear one all we get to c is a whole already dug & them holding a good find now correct me if im wrong but isnt that y most people hate the tv shows & say oh i didnt even see him dig that how do we know its not planted there ya know all im saying if ur doin reality then do it make me beleive u found it & not just bs in me cuz I dont know if it was in the ground. I understand the time in between & not all wanna c junk I dont but mayb show something real we all get those oh wow nice hit ur happy u dig it damb its can slaw idk mayb im wrong I just dont know

Christo000, a few friends and I had the opportunity to hunt a virgin stage stop. After the first trip, it became clear that there was going to be some goodies eventually pop up (based on the age of the age-indicators, and on account of how easy and clear and numerous the signals were). So we decided it would be cool to capture a few of the digs on video to document it (for a "thankyou" to the landowner as well). And therefore anytime any of us got a crisp clear signal (with which to capture the audio while ground is still undisturbed), we would stop, grab the camera, and hope to capture a nice seated or something coming up. But invariably, as you can expect, even most of the "4 star penny/dime perfect signals", will .... murphys law .... be slag, or a copper washer, or any other number of things that mimic a perfect coin signal. I mean, that's to be expected, or course, when you're in a spot angling for seateds and barbers, not *every* signal is going to be a coin automatically. Doh! So after 6 or 10 such false alarms of coin-sounding targets, my friends said "let's just wait till we actually find a coin, then re-plant it, and THEN turn on the camera to 'find' ". And so we did (the next coin to surface was a sheild nickel). But oddly, no matter HOW hard we tried, we could not mimic the in-action reality. You know, to "feign" surprise, etc.... It felt so fake, so staged, etc... And the sound too is never going to "sound the same" as when the ground is still hard-packed, etc...

So I guess the only way to capture in-situ real digs, is to get one of the helmet cams, with data cards that can capture 12+ hrs. of non-stop. Then simply delete out whatever is extraneous, for what you want. They can even capture the audio of the signals, etc...

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christo000, a few friends and I had the opportunity to hunt a virgin stage stop. After the first trip, it became clear that there was going to be some goodies eventually pop up (based on the age of the age-indicators, and on account of how easy and clear and numerous the signals were). So we decided it would be cool to capture a few of the digs on video to document it (for a "thankyou" to the landowner as well). And therefore anytime any of us got a crisp clear signal (with which to capture the audio while ground is still undisturbed), we would stop, grab the camera, and hope to capture a nice seated or something coming up. But invariably, as you can expect, even most of the "4 star penny/dime perfect signals", will .... murphys law .... be slag, or a copper washer, or any other number of things that mimic a perfect coin signal. I mean, that's to be expected, or course, when you're in a spot angling for seateds and barbers, not *every* signal is going to be a coin automatically. Doh! So after 6 or 10 such false alarms of coin-sounding targets, my friends said "let's just wait till we actually find a coin, then re-plant it, and THEN turn on the camera to 'find' ". And so we did (the next coin to surface was a sheild nickel). But oddly, no matter HOW hard we tried, we could not mimic the in-action reality. You know, to "feign" surprise, etc.... It felt so fake, so staged, etc... And the sound too is never going to "sound the same" as when the ground is still hard-packed, etc...

So I guess the only way to capture in-situ real digs, is to get one of the helmet cams, with data cards that can capture 12+ hrs. of non-stop. Then simply delete out whatever is extraneous, for what you want. They can even capture the audio of the signals, etc...

C theres alot I dont know i recently picked up 2 action cams I just want to dedicate that nice spot I Guess its easier to say What I want to c then it is to actully film.ill b the first to admit I have never filmes befor Man do i want to only to make a vid how i want. I give great credit to all of u WHO r makin vídeos absolutly soon I want to get on that wagon lol. I apreciate What u have said I do have much to learn in video making so i will b askin some questions thanks again

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my friends said "let's just wait till we actually find a coin, then re-plant it, and THEN turn on the camera to 'find' ". And so we did (the next coin to surface was a sheild nickel). But oddly, no matter HOW hard we tried, we could not mimic the in-action reality. You know, to "feign" surprise, etc.... It felt so fake, so staged, etc... And the sound too is never going to "sound the same" as when the ground is still hard-packed, etc...

Yeah, I tried that once too. I thought I was filming but was on standby, so I tried to re-create it. It seemed so cheezy and wrong I just ended up deleting it.

C theres alot I dont know i recently picked up 2 action cams I just want to dedicate that nice spot I Guess its easier to say What I want to c then it is to actully film.ill b the first to admit I have never filmes befor Man do i want to only to make a vid how i want. I give great credit to all of u WHO r makin vídeos absolutly soon I want to get on that wagon lol. I apreciate What u have said I do have much to learn in video making so i will b askin some questions thanks again

Filming is the easy part. Spending all the time to edit and upload is the REAL pain.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Yeah, I tried that once too. I thought I was filming but was on standby, so I tried to re-create it. It seemed so cheezy and wrong I just ended up deleting it.....

haha, that's the way I felt too :) We put it back in the ground, and "narrated" the "finding" of it (complete with audio, analysis, comment, etc...). Then "dug it up" and tried to re-do the "surprise" at getting a nice shield nickel. I remember thinking "this is stupid and hokey". Guess I wasn't meant to be a hollywood actor, because it just didn't come across as anything but staged. So I deleted it.

However, a buddy & I were hunting a park in So. CA a few months ago. The park had turned up some key barbers, IH's, seateds, etc... in the past. So we were plying our luck for some stragglers that might have been missed. We'd stop periodically when we got what we thought might be a "sweet deep silver" turf signal. A few turned out to be deep clad dimes on edge, etc.... and we'd laugh and hit the delete button. But about the 3rd such attempt, turned out to be a 1921d merc in excellent shape. It was kind of fun capturing us reading the date, and seeing that, because I said "hey, isn't that a key-date?" And sure enough it was. Hard to recreate that sort of subconscious "double-take" reaction, when re-doing for a staged repeat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions