vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Keep plug'n away - you will hit it coinman.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm in the same boat. NO silver yet this year! Went to an old park in a town of only a couple hundred people that's off the beaten path. Result-a few bucks in modern clad. The ONE deep coin I dug that I thought was going to be a Wheat turns out to be a Memorial and a 1991 at that!
I just keep swinging.

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only found two silver dimes this year... other than that nothing special........ I would be glad you have found the one... some people go 10 years or more and not find any

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive only found 3 this year the old timers cleaned it up pretty well back in the day

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
GARRET AT PRO ..Whites Classic SL. . modified 9 Function Metal Detector from Harbor Freight tools
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We sure did!:laughing7:

Lol... I was hunting a park ..I've had two old timers tell me not even to bother.lol.... and a guy walked up to me and told me I would never find silver in this bar because his father cleaned it out..lol... I have found 9 silver coins in that park since then.. and I know there are more but damn it's really tough lol

silversurfer1111

Jul 14, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason why they made the Minelab... was because of the old timers lol.... now you have to pay 15 to $2,500 to find silver on a regular basis lol

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought i found a virgin park last summer because i dug 11 dimes and 1 quarter and prolly over 40 wheats in just about 8 hours.....then this summer a guy stops while im there and tells me his dad had found afew half dollars there back in the 80's ....the old timers didnt hunt as hard as i do but there sure raped out the easy targets and made it tough to find things thats for sure

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't feel bad. I probably have at least 50-60 hours of hunting in this year, and just found my first silver on Tuesday at an old house. It was real deep and next to a nickle that was somewhat hiding the quarter signal. Those old timers didn't get them all, I found a pristine 1947 quarter last summer at a very hunted out county fairgrounds.

Just dig everything and you will find silver.

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've hunting since feb 12, and still looking for my first silver coin. I hit all local parks and nothing yet , my hunting buddy found a Rosie 1947 at a new park we started hunting so maybe there's more. I upgraded to a teknetics T2 and replace bh elite 2200 in jan and do far found gold/silver jewelry but no silver coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread