Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw some of the videos taken by members here and for the most part they are very good, so I am asking for help. I just hope I am not posting this in the wrong place.

I am trying to get set up to make a video of MDing.
I have a Ativa (verylight weight) video camera, but I am lost as to where and how (and what should I buy) is the best place to carry the cam to be able to show the MD screen and also be removable to record digging. It would be nice to see the camera screen also, so that the images are in the proper viewing prospective

I do a little home movie stuff, not much, but enough to realize that the camera needs to be held steady, so any help with the items it takes to make a presentable video would be appreciated.

Also what software can I buy for editing. I bought one and its just about useless, so I would need something that I could remove frames, insert frames & add text.

Roy

Upvote 0

dirtwizard

Feb 19, 2013
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari/Fisher F2/Minelab go-find 40/Garrett pro point
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if your camera has the standard threaded mount hole on it you can find a pole mount for it to mount it to your detector pretty easily.
Here's one for less than 10 bucks.
Amazon.com: ARKON CMP227 Motorcycle and Bicycle Handle Bar Mount for Cameras with 1/4 20 Screw Thread: Camera & Photo

In regard to video editing check out a program called virtual dub. It is a free program, and is quite capable. You can edit multiple files into one video, cut/add/move frames etc.

Welcome to virtualdub.org! - virtualdub.org

I look forward to your treasure hunting vids! Happy hunting!

OP
OP
Digger2

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, I'll check the links out.
Roy

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same here im about to be making some myself I thinl.its just time i actually picked up 2 cams a emerson action CAM it came with a veiw screen so u can see What ur recording & a strap for helmet/hay etc & a handle bar mount perfect for the detector rod all in a waterproof case
Second CAM gopro hero 3 I let u guys know when there finaly up good luck

OP
OP
Digger2

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I downloaded Video Pad Editor (and several others). None of the ones I downloaded have frame editing, only clip editing.
I would guess that the video editors that do have frame editing abilities are waaaaaay over my budget. I am still learning the video pad editor and trying to learn how to manipulate the sound. You can insert audio on track one (voice, or other selection) but track 2 (audio) is very selective. I'm still trying to work around this, but may have to upgrade to the pro model.

Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread