Recon trip to new spot

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The County tore down the old County Jail, about a year ago, and this spot is on my list. One square block City owned, wide open, listed for sale. Problem....... It is in the heart of downtown, across the street from a 3 story Chase Main Branch, and 2 blocks from the Police station, not my type of spot, to hunt, just much going on!! So 6 am Sunday morning, I start swinging, its like a ghost town beautiful morning. Ten minutes out I find a wheat penny!:icon_thumleft: I saw 6 police cars go by, in the 3 hours I was there, not one stopped, and 2 waved!! Ended up with two Wheaties, some clad, and a few trinkets. Got my spot for the next couple Sundays! Maybe a box of doughnuts on the front seat:laughing7: 100_6590.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mmmm doughnuts .... great find for a new place :)

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds I to like to do some swinging in the morning not hot no one around. Perfect

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Neat finds! Keep swinging, who know what will be under your coil next.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is definitely a early Sunday morning :coffee2: spot, week days would be a side show. Site goes back to the 50's, glad I didn't get booted, :hello2: will be going back next Sunday, feeling a little more confident, after todays test run:icon_thumleft:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cooper1841,

First I would like to comment about your chicken&monkey statement, LOL, LOL!

What coil, out of your selection, were you using during your initial foray onto the historical Jail site? I'd guess the largest one and you know better than I what to use first as you are there doing it. I was just wondering as lots of trash is a bummer to sort out so maybe you were using the smallest coil?? That is a very interesting site to "play in"!

Do you know anything about the original building site, like did they have a small lunch area outside, a horse-shoe pit, a smoking area?? Yup, an interesting site! Be respectful out there on your Sundays...................63bkpkr

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like that huh? I have been using the 5x8 DD, I was surprised for a demo site, it was not bad for building debris, in fact cleaner than some parks. For my 50 years in this town, it was always "the jail". I don't belive there was any outdoor activites area. I am excited about this spot, should be some good stuff
cooper1841,

First I would like to comment about your chicken&monkey statement, LOL, LOL!

What coil, out of your selection, were you using during your initial foray onto the historical Jail site? I'd guess the largest one and you know better than I what to use first as you are there doing it. I was just wondering as lots of trash is a bummer to sort out so maybe you were using the smallest coil?? That is a very interesting site to "play in"!

Do you know anything about the original building site, like did they have a small lunch area outside, a horse-shoe pit, a smoking area?? Yup, an interesting site! Be respectful out there on your Sundays...................63bkpkr

Terreldactyl

Feb 26, 2013
That was pretty brave. What's the worse that could happen? They could confiscate what you found (minus a few well hidden items) and tell you to leave?

damiani1

Jun 2, 2013
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Current: Tesoro silver umax, Whites Spectrum XLT
Past: Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When in doubt, start handing them donuts out!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread