New Minelab Advantage

dan_h

Sep 9, 2005
I'm keeping my 3 green machines, one of which is metered, but I just ordered a Minelab Advantage Pro and it is being shipped - hope to use it this weekend. I wanted a very deep non-metered machine with knobs instead of touch pads for backpacking and cold weather use. I narrowed the search to the Nautilus or the Advantage and decided on the latter. Will report back as I use it. PS: It's my first Minelab product, and I have read lots of posts on the web over the years about quality control problems. I also got an extra 2 years of warranty coverage, but hopefully will never need to use it.

Upvote 0

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't think I've ever heard of any problems with the Advantage or the Muskeeter. Great machines that can outperform the Sovereign on many sites.
Best of luck. It will work well almost anywhere except on wet salt beaches.

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
Had an Advanatge over 2 yrs now with No problems at all. Very nice detector and definately DEEP !!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill(de) said:
Had an Advanatge over 2 yrs now with No problems at all. Very nice detector and definately DEEP !!
how deep?

Bill(de)

Feb 18, 2005
Advantage had matched or hit deeper than my cz5 at a number of sites and ended up trading the cz once i felt confident the Musky would consistantly hit penny sized targets cleanly with modulated audio at 8"+ where some other detectors were lucky to get 6"to 7". Dug some brass and lead at 10"to12" with the 800 Coil. HH Bill

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool i can hit 8 on an indian and silver with me troy x5

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread