Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not really sure if their is a problem, but I just can't get this machine figured out. Does everyone's Omega run super chatty? I can't even hunt with the thing in a few places, without turning the sensitivity down to 55-65. Where do you try to run your machine at? I haven't found any old coins, but the newer clad has rang in very solid and clear, I just feel like I'm missing coins for some reason. Just a fear I get when I'm not finding coins. I only have 10 hours most logged on this machine, so I'm not giving up on it yet. Just gets discouraging.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
have u tried posting this in the brands section or looked in there mayb someone else is having that same problem sorry i dont have that detector so im of no use there good luck

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There really isn't too much going on in the Teknetics sub forum. I read nothing but good things about the unit, so I must just be using it wrong.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The Omega is designed to run "into the noise" for maximum sensitivity. Away from urban electrical interference you can usually crank it up to 80 or higher without getting spontaneous chatter. What you'll get in town depends a lot on sources of electrical interference most of which these days aren't necessarily visible. Your cellphone could be one of the problems since it transmits to "keep in touch" with the base station.

"Running into the noise" in an urban environment means cranking up the gain/sensitvity high enough to get some chatter with the searchcoil held still. When you start sweeping, signals from the iron minerals in the ground will tend to quiet the "ground chatter" and make it possible to use the unit productively.

--Dave J.

OP
OP
E

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Omega is designed to run "into the noise" for maximum sensitivity. Away from urban electrical interference you can usually crank it up to 80 or higher without getting spontaneous chatter. What you'll get in town depends a lot on sources of electrical interference most of which these days aren't necessarily visible. Your cellphone could be one of the problems since it transmits to "keep in touch" with the base station.

"Running into the noise" in an urban environment means cranking up the gain/sensitvity high enough to get some chatter with the searchcoil held still. When you start sweeping, signals from the iron minerals in the ground will tend to quiet the "ground chatter" and make it possible to use the unit productively.

--Dave J.

So you feel that everything I said is perfectly normal? Again, I only have 10 hrs max on the machine, so I don't have much experience with it.

Also, would a DD coil help with reducing chatter and gaining depth? Do you feel that it's worth the extra money?

Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread