Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok...I answered my own question. A deeper search on the net turned up the product.

'Clip on' EMI filters have been around for a long time. They are ferris magnets (typicaly half circles) in an plastic carrier that opens, to clip onto a cable. They are barrel shaped with a hole in the center of various diamiters. The are ment to fit snug around coaxial cables.

Years ago, I had a one that attached to a telephone line. It was supposed to speed up 'old school' internet connection when we used modems. It didn't work!

I have 4 neodymium barrel magnets, each with a 70 lb pull (takes an Act of God to separate them!!). I arranged them around the cable of my Fischer F70 (know for being EMI sensitive). I arranged them at several positions, and found ZERO difference.Nothing!

Before I poo-poo the idea, if you know something about HOW magnets minimise EMI, or if you've had a different experience, please post!

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't think you will find an EMI removal solution there are just too many variables and types of EMI. If there was a solution it would be ready available or already built into the detectors.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw several on an auction site. The description said designed for specific MD's. Probably coil cable diameter. The cost was fairly cheap, but i don't experience to much emi to warrant this purchase. Now, if i did, i'd give it a try. Not much of a $ loss if it didn't work.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These EMI filters don't work to limit the unstableness of MD's. As Rob said there are to many variables as to kinds of EMI fields. As we use more Tech items the problems worsen. If they worked, the manufacturers would be the first to install them.

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The more i think about this, i agree with Sandman. It would be nice, however, to know which type of emi these filters were "meant" to filter.

Seems, though, like snake oil for your MD.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i saw those as well on that auction site buyer beware

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread