Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find looks good, gotta love being the first to swing thr detector

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_searching.gif
Any find is a nice find awkisan.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find :icon_thumright:

You should send it in for a new insert.

They will send the damaged parts back
only it will include a new insert.

only cost is the postage to mail it to them

http://www.zippo.com/customercare/repairs.aspx

being pretty much destroyed,
I never bothered with most of the steps.

I just used a small padded envelope,
a Note saying I found it with a Detector
and asking if they can repair. And My address & phone #

no insurance.

when the lid was broken off,
or rusted shut, they would just send me a New lighter,
along with the old one.

When it was just the guts that are bad like yours,

image-1656615005.jpg

they would remove the guts & Slide in a new one,
then mail it & the old guts back.

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your definition of "old" pennies? photo?

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
/em agrees with Jeff Of PA, All zippo lighters come with an unconditional lifetime guarantee, just send it to them and they will repair or replace for free :)

OP
OP
awkisan

awkisan

Jun 5, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was excited about the zippo and didn't even think about posting the pennies.
image-2734886770.jpg

image-933432362.jpg

Attachments

• image-343755187.jpg
    image-343755187.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 115
OP
OP
awkisan

awkisan

Jun 5, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I appreciate everybody's comments and advice. I'm glad I found this website. Now I can "bug" fellow dignerds and leave my wife (who doesn't give a flip) alone with my treasures. Thanks everybody!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate everybody's comments and advice. I'm glad I found this website. Now I can "bug" fellow dignerds and leave my wife (who doesn't give a flip) alone with my treasures. Thanks everybody!

Haha anytime buddy its What we r all here for not one of us knows everything about everything & that makes it great cuz theres a S load of people knowlegable people on here

OP
OP
awkisan

awkisan

Jun 5, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are correct. It is a 1957 Zippo.

Thnks for the confirmation. I found an entire website about zippo lighters. It was an interesting read. Mint ones in the original box sell for upwards of $400. Crazy crazy!

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks almost just like the one I found. Does urs say 10k filles gold on the bottom.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Pennies

I believe I'm seeing 1935 & 1937 as dates on the pennies and if that is the case then you have found yourself a great spot! Not only are the dates old but the coins are in very good condition so the ground is not corrosive in nature. I would not be away from that spot for very long! Also, great pictures!..............63bkpkr and the best of luck

Oh, about the wife - the first time you walk in with a nice gold w/diamond ring she will change her mind, have it appraised before you show it to her so you know the nitty gritty details as she will be interested in them as well. Understand here I spoke of showing it to her not giving it to her as a ring like that will pay for some very nice accessories or even a new detector. But it will be your call about giving it or allowing it to be taken

OP
OP
awkisan

awkisan

Jun 5, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe I'm seeing 1935 & 1937 as dates on the pennies and if that is the case then you have found yourself a great spot! Not only are the dates old but the coins are in very good condition so the ground is not corrosive in nature. I would not be away from that spot for very long! Also, great pictures!..............63bkpkr and the best of luck

Oh, about the wife - the first time you walk in with a nice gold w/diamond ring she will change her mind, have it appraised before you show it to her so you know the nitty gritty details as she will be interested in them as well. Understand here I spoke of showing it to her not giving it to her as a ring like that will pay for some very nice accessories or even a new detector. But it will be your call about giving it or allowing it to be taken

If I found a nice diamond ring, I might resize it to an 11 and wear it to show her how's us nerd dirt diggers "Roll". She thinks I'm nuts. I'll go dig at the drop of a hat. I just bought her a coin master so she can go dig too.

OP
OP
awkisan

awkisan

Jun 5, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I know you shouldn't clean coins but I used an old family secret of Alka seltzer and WD -40 and a secret potion. Works like a charm and doesn't seem to harm coins.

OP
OP
awkisan

awkisan

Jun 5, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks almost just like the one I found. Does urs say 10k filles gold on the bottom.

No 10k writing on mine. Just a zig zag and patent number

OP
OP
awkisan

awkisan

Jun 5, 2013
Utah
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update:

I sent in the old zippo and in about two weeks received a nice shiny new one. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the old one back but overall happy.
Thanks Jeff for the information!

image-563271242.jpg

image-1521078823.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update:

I sent in the old zippo and in about two weeks received a nice shiny new one. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the old one back but overall happy.
Thanks Jeff for the information!

View attachment 827508

View attachment 827509

Very Odd they didn't return your old one :o I wonder if that's a new policy :o
I always got mine back.

Perhaps they were having people sending the same ones back several Times ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread