the almighty minelab e trac

Buford420

Jun 28, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting pretty hardcore with the e trac for a while now and it still amazes me. I have a youtube channel (diggin1145s) and I would love some viewers/subscribers. My latest video features my deepest silver coin ever; a nearly 13" deep washington quarter and another recent one features a 9" deep seated dime. 20 videos with over 100 silver coin finds over the past 8 months. Rings, tokens, relics. Would love some feedback. Youtube.com/diggin1145s

Last edited:
Upvote 0

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had an E-Trac. Then I got something I liked!

Good luck in your social media quest!

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool I'll watch some and subscribe if I like them. Been watching a lot of these lately!

OP
OP
B

Buford420

Jun 28, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks helton. I highly appreciate it. And good luck to u fella on ur social media quest of telling people how u don't like their detector while giving no real info or perspective

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll check your utube site out. I enjoy watching the vids especially at night when the mosquitoes run me inside.

OP
OP
B

Buford420

Jun 28, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man. I truly hope u enjoy them

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since I am down and out with my knee I may give them a look, not really interested as much in the etrac as I would be on the ctx 3030, go get one of those and make me some videos to watch. I am interested in the 3030, may get one some day. But by then I imagine Whites will have one out that would top it. 2-3 years.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My F75 keeps me too busy digging to look at videos lol. I feel your pain brother.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love an E trac or a 3030, but they are just too heavy for me. Knock a pound off the weight and I'd buy in a second.

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice videos, I liked seeing the numbers as you sweep. Sometimes when I see 27-47 up that high I may pass it up if I can't get a consistent reading. What sensitivity do run at? I saw 29 at one point. I usually run Auto +3 or Manual at 27.

HH,

Pete

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice vids like the live shots

OP
OP
B

Buford420

Jun 28, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice videos, I liked seeing the numbers as you sweep. Sometimes when I see 27-47 up that high I may pass it up if I can't get a consistent reading. What sensitivity do run at? I saw 29 at one point. I usually run Auto +3 or Manual at 27.

HH,

Pete

When I started with the etrac, I searched exclusively for videos that showed the signals and numbers before they dug. I really found that helpful in getting past the learning curve. So that's one thing I try to do as long as I think I've found something decent, I show the signal. Buillt a camera mount on my detector. As for settings, I always run manual as high as possible. Once u learn the difference between the falsing and good signals, u can really score some deep treasure. It also makes me really analyze each iffy signal and probably 20% of my silver finds were those deep iffy signals. if I get a 20s ferrous hit, I always check it in the other direction and if either direction is low 20s or bouncing low, I dig it. Scores me a lot of bolts and screws but also some silver

OP
OP
B

Buford420

Jun 28, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I am down and out with my knee I may give them a look, not really interested as much in the etrac as I would be on the ctx 3030, go get one of those and make me some videos to watch. I am interested in the 3030, may get one some day. But by then I imagine Whites will have one out that would top it. 2-3 years.

Sorry to hear about ur knee. I wish I had a 3030 but besides the waterproof aspect, I've heard it may not be worth the additional grand. I'm sure ill upgrade eventually but I'm gonna stick with the e trac for a while yet

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love an E trac or a 3030, but they are just too heavy for me. Knock a pound off the weight and I'd buy in a second.
Get a sling and you can take just about all the weight off it! :hello2:

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I started with the etrac, I searched exclusively for videos that showed the signals and numbers before they dug. I really found that helpful in getting past the learning curve. So that's one thing I try to do as long as I think I've found something decent, I show the signal. Buillt a camera mount on my detector. As for settings, I always run manual as high as possible. Once u learn the difference between the falsing and good signals, u can really score some deep treasure. It also makes me really analyze each iffy signal and probably 20% of my silver finds were those deep iffy signals. if I get a 20s ferrous hit, I always check it in the other direction and if either direction is low 20s or bouncing low, I dig it. Scores me a lot of bolts and screws but also some silver

I have scored my share of screws and bolts also with a few silver mixed in. I am currently using Multi tones and some of those screws have a nice high tone like silver and that is when I need to decide whether to pursue them or not. I know some people like TTF but I haven't tried it yet. Usually if get something around 27-47 I flip to quick mask and see if goes up to 30's if so I skip it, if it trends lower then I dig. It also depends how much time I have and whether I am finding a lot of other good targets to dig.

Thanks for your input.

Pete

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
I have scored my share of screws and bolts also with a few silver mixed in. I am currently using Multi tones and some of those screws have a nice high tone like silver and that is when I need to decide whether to pursue them or not. I know some people like TTF but I haven't tried it yet. Usually if get something around 27-47 I flip to quick mask and see if goes up to 30's if so I skip it, if it trends lower then I dig. It also depends how much time I have and whether I am finding a lot of other good targets to dig.

Thanks for your input.

Pete

I do the same with mine. If I get a high ferrous number, I turn 90 degrees and sweep over it. If it goes to null, I open the quick mask and sweep it both ways. If the ferrous goes into the 30s, I move on. If it stays in the 20s or gives more lower numbers than high I want to see what it is. TMAN...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread