What NE coast beach should I hit with my new CTX3030?

TNToddaway

Jun 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went detecting at a state park beach in Delaware a couple years ago with a 250...didn't realize how bad the wet sand would be for it.
I've upgraded to the CTX 3030 and now am wondering where I should go with it to help justify it's cost and ease my buyer's guilt :)

edit: I'll be driving from Central New York

Upvote 0

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First welcome to the site like I tell alot if people here u will learn alot everything ive wanted to know has been answered. Second very nice detector u upgraded to soon as u learn those ins & outs of it we r all in for it lol, as of beaches any are gonna,b good being now the warm weather they get stocked everyday :) so all should do just Fine for u.remember though u arent using a full blown water detector so mayb askin a couple 3030 users will give u the edge u may need good luck at the beach

OP
OP
T

TNToddaway

Jun 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the welcome! I guess I'm not as interested in the tourist beaches as I am in the ones that don't get re-sanded(?). When I went to Cape Henlopen, the beaches there looked pretty empty, the waves were pretty violent...so not family friendly. So that's probably where I'll go back to, but only because I lack knowledge of any other beaches.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Internet goes Long way i have very little to no expeirience with beaches but from What ive heard is get to them late in the day when people r packin it in they can hold lots of coins jewlery etc I can c how,everyone jumping around playing stuff falls off alot water makes jewlery fall right off & shrinks the fingers so rings r there as well either way good luck out there

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd even try google maps or google earth view of a particular beach to see if it gets traffic. Evening is good or even monday morning after a nice weekend. Just my 2c.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread