$300 budget what would be the best metal detector for gold and silver

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On a $300 budget, there is only one answer...Tesoro. I'd probably opt for the Silver uMax.

As more people post you'll hear words like, F2, Ace 250/350, CoinMaster, Bounty Hunter...ignore them!

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The f2 is a great beginner machine, but it can have a hard time with gold...

JoeB_OH

Dec 19, 2012
Cleveland , Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F44, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Bounty Hunter Tracker 4.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd look at a Teknitics delta 4000, there are deals online that give bonus items with it (around 275), free headphones, pinpointer.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
1st - I noticed this is your very first post - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You didn't mention your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country) after you get your new MD.

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome aboard. The Garrett Ace 250 or 350. You can't go wrong with either one. And, there is no probably about it!!

OP
OP
U

uchihadesendent

Jun 22, 2013
Wawa, on
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On a $300 budget, there is only one answer...Tesoro. I'd probably opt for the Silver uMax.

As more people post you'll hear words like, F2, Ace 250/350, CoinMaster, Bounty Hunter...ignore them!
Lol your right I am hearing these words!

I'd look at a Teknitics delta 4000, there are deals online that give bonus items with it (around 275), free headphones, pinpointer.

Thanks I'll take a look at that!

pennsylvania.gif
1st - I noticed this is your very first post - so, welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
2nd - You didn't mention your state (or country) - but you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forums: Select Your Area.... and selecting your state for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country) after you get your new MD.

Welcome aboard. The Garrett Ace 250 or 350. You can't go wrong with either one. And, there is no probably about it!!

OP
OP
U

uchihadesendent

Jun 22, 2013
Wawa, on
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to answer your question I live in canada, ontario and thanks for making me feel welcome to this site!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, my name is gabriel and I'm new here to this site, I have a budget of 300 dollars and I would like to know what would be the best metal detector for finding gold and silver!

thanks in advance

As others have said welcome to the site as of detector choice in ur budget range now if I were u take a couple of the known brands & c which one has the most options that will suit ur detecting needs dont rule out a detector cuz someone here says so remember just because it didnt work for them doesnt mean it wont wirk for u, no 2 detecting spots r alike now tesoro r good but if ur looking for any screen then there not for u no screens on those $300 models u could after u narrow down a few check online vids c how they work. Remember u r goin to be using the detector none of us u should make ur own mind up dont let others talk u into a detector u may not like it, I do how ever hope u get What ur looking for u could aswell get a higher end model to if u consider goin used some r still in excellent condition matter of fact theres a couple in the,market place forums from a perfect dfx just a little over budget for u but well worth the extra & some great minelabes take it slow pick the right 1 & ull b hooked on this hobby uve been warned lol HH

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used a Acer 350 for years , was the detector that rode around in the trunk of the car. Worked great , was new at 300, shipped, sold it to a local guy for 200.00 had been asking 225. cut a deal with him to give him a LESSON , , Worked great for me , I loose $25.00 , He get a free lesson. O did I mention The lesson was on his old family from , been in the family since 1850 ==== Worked for me

Ken/CO

Sep 27, 2003
Colorado
Best detector for $255.00

Hi, my name is gabriel and I'm new here to this site, I have a budget of 300 dollars and I would like to know what would be the best metal detector for finding gold and silver!thanks in advance
Hi Gabriel, Another vote for the Tesoro Silver Umax. I tried them all in that price range and the Silver is the best buy. It's easy to use, detects deep, has good discrimination, and lifetime warranty. My Silver is my traveling detector and it has seen most of the US, without any problems. Eventually you will want to upgrade to something fancier, but you'll probably want to always keep your Silver. Good luck and HHKen

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gabriel, Another vote for the Tesoro Silver Umax. I tried them all in that price range and the Silver is the best buy. It's easy to use, detects deep, has good discrimination, and lifetime warranty. My Silver is my traveling detector and it has seen most of the US, without any problems. Eventually you will want to upgrade to something fancier, but you'll probably want to always keep your Silver. Good luck and HHKen

Really all of them theres alot in that range that would take quite awile & a good amount of time to try out each detector & know the detector to give it a fair reveiw
I mean im not callin u a lier or anything like that What I wonder is y would u spend a S load of money just to try out a basically entire beguinner range

Ken/CO

Sep 27, 2003
Colorado
Christo000,I've been MDing for 32 years, owned a lot detectors and belong to a club where every detector is owned and used. Need I say more?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christo000,I've been MDing for 32 years, owned a lot detectors and belong to a club where every detector is owned and used. Need I say more?

Thats cool & id like to b at that point as,well sometime all that I was saying there has been alot of changes over ok 32 years still id say to get a fair reveiw on a detector u would have to put in alot of time is all I didnt however at all say no thats bs I just said that for someone to say they have tries everyone all the detectors in the range of 300 is a pretty bold statment as of clubs anyone can join clubs & it is very good if an oputunity arises & ur able to alot og info from many people there im not trying to start any arguments,nothing like that the people WHO do know me know thats not What I do like I said that just does seem pretty rare that one person would test & be able to try out all the detectors & an average # thats thrown around for knowing a machine is 100hrs, as said I didnt say it wasnt true just very rare to hear something like that ive been doin this awhile as well mayb not 32 years but still first time i guess

matrix master DBA

Jan 29, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Mxt Pro + Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What type detecting would you be doing? Prospecting.. Relic hunting.. Coin shooting? This would help narrow your search for a detector. I've used whites tesoro and Garrett. I still prefer whites. Good luck and have fun...

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my opinion this is the best detector you can buy for $300 bar none. Check it out.

Ima Swinger

Apr 8, 2007
Porter, Texas
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 - VibraProbe
Well, I've hunted with an ACE 250 for 4 years now. I've found my share of gold and silver with it. Good luck to you.

OP
OP
U

uchihadesendent

Jun 22, 2013
Wawa, on
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As others have said welcome to the site as of detector choice in ur budget range now if I were u take a couple of the known brands & c which one has the most options that will suit ur detecting needs dont rule out a detector cuz someone here says so remember just because it didnt work for them doesnt mean it wont wirk for u, no 2 detecting spots r alike now tesoro r good but if ur looking for any screen then there not for u no screens on those $300 models u could after u narrow down a few check online vids c how they work. Remember u r goin to be using the detector none of us u should make ur own mind up dont let others talk u into a detector u may not like it, I do how ever hope u get What ur looking for u could aswell get a higher end model to if u consider goin used some r still in excellent condition matter of fact theres a couple in the,market place forums from a perfect dfx just a little over budget for u but well worth the extra & some great minelabes take it slow pick the right 1 & ull b hooked on this hobby uve been warned lol HH
Lol thanks I noticed that they don't have screens

I used a Acer 350 for years , was the detector that rode around in the trunk of the car. Worked great , was new at 300, shipped, sold it to a local guy for 200.00 had been asking 225. cut a deal with him to give him a LESSON , , Worked great for me , I loose $25.00 , He get a free lesson. O did I mention The lesson was on his old family from , been in the family since 1850 ==== Worked for me

Sweet that must have been a awesome day for both of you

Really all of them theres alot in that range that would take quite awile & a good amount of time to try out each detector & know the detector to give it a fair reveiw
I mean im not callin u a lier or anything like that What I wonder is y would u spend a S load of money just to try out a basically entire beguinner range
No I'm not a liar, I heard if you buy a metal detector that's cheap all it will find is junk

What type detecting would you be doing? Prospecting.. Relic hunting.. Coin shooting? This would help narrow your search for a detector. I've used whites tesoro and Garrett. I still prefer whites. Good luck and have fun...

Thanks for asking this question, I would like to narrow it down finding gold jewellery and gold coins

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol no no just cuz a machine isnt a thousand or even 600 doesnt mean ur only gonna find junk my v3i is pretty expensive yes but im not gonna find anymore then a guy with a cheaper detector thst knows the machine there are factores that come. In coil sizes types lots of things if that is what u thought u may wanna c som vids online they seem to b pulling some cool stuff good luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread